• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

T

Tricia

Founding Member
Hi everyone new to this site so a bit about myself I try to face everyday with a positive outlook (note the try) not always possible when having a bad time Divorced with a son and daughter and 6 lovely grand children
I am chair of walsall service user empowerment a voluntary group for people with disabilities I am founder member of group which as been running for around 17 years we are continualy fighting for better services fighting and have representatives on all major planning boards i.e partnership boards acute care forum The group as 2 paid members of staff a co-ordinator and secretary we have several social activities run during the week womens and men social support group art, photography groups which are all run by service users we hold a social evening once a month with over 120 people attending its held at local club live music and supper and transport can be provided this evening is run and managed by members of the committee all who have mental health issues and thats it from me for now Tricia:)

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hello and :welcome: Tricia

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Hi Tricia, sound like you have some positive things going on in your area :)

:welcome:

T

Tricia

Founding Member
Thanks for the welcome not all things are good here was at a creating capable teams workshop and found a lot of the staff still have the attitude we know whats best thought we had come out of the dark ages but looks like we are returning to it the battle goes on Tricia

D

Dollit

Hi Tricia, good to see someone so totally involved in change! More power to your elbow. Glad you're here. :tea:

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
hi tricia and welcome. Sounds as if your doing a good job in your area. Keep up the good work:welcome:

W

Windblows

Founding Member
Wonderful Walsall, Tricia - and its sound like you make a huge contribution to making it so.:grouphug:

ralph1

ralph1

Founding Member
Hi everyone new to this site so a bit about myself I try to face everyday with a positive outlook (note the try) not always possible when having a bad time Divorced with a son and daughter and 6 lovely grand children
I am chair of walsall service user empowerment a voluntary group for people with disabilities I am founder member of group which as been running for around 17 years we are continualy fighting for better services fighting and have representatives on all major planning boards i.e partnership boards acute care forum The group as 2 paid members of staff a co-ordinator and secretary we have several social activities run during the week womens and men social support group art, photography groups which are all run by service users we hold a social evening once a month with over 120 people attending its held at local club live music and supper and transport can be provided this evening is run and managed by members of the committee all who have mental health issues and thats it from me for now Tricia:)
:welcome::grouphug:

Welcome Trish.

would you like to move to another part of the country and put your expertise to use elsewhere. Dont sit there to long or you will trampled on by a stampede of similar offers. Just because i am nosey, do you run independantly with funding from PCT etc or do you run under an umbrella organisation?

T

Tricia

Founding Member
:welcome::grouphug:

Welcome Trish.

would you like to move to another part of the country and put your expertise to use elsewhere. Dont sit there to long or you will trampled on by a stampede of similar offers. Just because i am nosey, do you run independantly with funding from PCT etc or do you run under an umbrella organisation?
Hi in answer to your question we run independantly with funding from both Walsall M.B.C and P.C.T and as for moving to another part of the country guess not but could always visit I dont do all the work on my own have a great committee of 14 volunteers all who have mental health problems who all play an active role its good because you never after worry if you are ill because there is always someone ready to carry on for you just got in from Birmingham User in partnership meeting and I am whats another word for done in so going to get a cup of tea catch you later Tricia