• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

New Member with Anxiety/ Agoraphobia

J

JMP

Hello All I have been suffering from Panic disorders that has led to Agoraphobia since 1984 when at least where I'm from no one ever heard of Agoraphobia and there was not "Any" online help forums ( Obviously) with 99% of us not having computers. It helps knowing that there really are other people in this world that goes through this terror and misery and that you can at least talk to people on this forum about what might help each other out. I would wish this on my worst enemy it makes me feel weak, embarrassed , and most of all restricted ( Mentally it seems ) from doing the things I love to do which all involve outdoors and traveling ? looking forward to utilizing this forum.

D

Deleted member 91496

Hello All I have been suffering from Panic disorders that has led to Agoraphobia since 1984 when at least where I'm from no one ever heard of Agoraphobia and there was not "Any" online help forums ( Obviously) with 99% of us not having computers. It helps knowing that there really are other people in this world that goes through this terror and misery and that you can at least talk to people on this forum about what might help each other out. I would wish this on my worst enemy it makes me feel weak, embarrassed , and most of all restricted ( Mentally it seems ) from doing the things I love to do which all involve outdoors and traveling ? looking forward to utilizing this forum.
Hi and welcome to the forum! I’m new too. Everyone here seems really nice. I’m sure you will get a warm welcome from other members here. I’m sorry you are going through the pain of Agoraphobia. I’ve been there too. Hugs to you from me.:grouphug:

J

Jazzmine84

Welcome JMP! Looking forward to get to know you. I suffer from anxiety disorder and depression which include panic attacks at times. You can really talk about anything here. It’s a judgement-free zone. :)

J

JMP

Thank you all I'm looking forward to your input on questions I might have and reading that some of you have ideas that maybe I have not tried yet. Since this is an anxiety thread I think most of can agree that we have all had our share of Panic attacks or you wouldn't be here.
There is not a worse place to be in ? and to rub "Salt in the wound" Everything we are told by a therapist or have read in any book is you need to desensitize yourself to it? which is why we are all talking back and forth how to do that where it doesn't feel like you are holding your hand on a hot stove ? CBT does help especially in the times that lead up what causes our panic / Anxiety it helps that those tools are there to help us see that our "Automatic Thoughts " (always negative )
But to me how do we keep the courage to keep putting our hands on the hot stove until it starts to cool ? The coping of the intense fear , and then the fear of having the intense fear again when we are away from our safe place. I haven't tried Hypnosis but if it really worked I'm game !

Mario82

Mario82

Taking a break
Welcome JMP, my mum has had some issues with agoraphobia at times, although only mind I think. I understand it is debilitating. This is a friendly and safe site where people will offer you support.