• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

new member in a mess

S

sunny

Hi everyone i am in a mess i started a job and i am not coping with the stress the responsibility is becoming too much to handle i feel completly inadequate, im going through a depressive episode, with the anxiety and panic attacks, everyone, except my mum tells me to hold on, that i am not ill or if i am its normal to have stress, but we all know that stress triggers our illness and takes me to hospital, i think i should quit? or maybe not take myself too serious, any comments?

D

dreambuggieII

suggestion:

take a duvet day

have a few days break....

let the dust setttle

consider if the job is right for you and you are right for the job....

see what fits.....

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-U2nSLUHXNA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-U2nSLUHXNA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

S

sunny

thanks

Thanks for that advice but i find it difficult, I have a toddler and absorbs all of time, energy if left...I made a decision about work and i will try and pull myself toghether, again...

J

jeg*

hi

Hey i know how your feeling i was the same althought had been in my job sometime before my depression and anxiety came on and eventually panic attacks i also am a mother i have two girls 5 and 3.
Sometimes putting all your time into work and your child isnt the best way i done that and made myself worse in my experience any job thats making you ill isnt worth it am now on meds in off sick for a month i loved my job but it didnt love me to much stress being a mother is stressfull enough, hope this helps and good luck to you x

Lozzi_1004

Lozzi_1004

Hi sunny :).

:welcome: to the forum, hope you find the support you need here :hug:

Try and take a step back and see if this job is really right for you. There's no point stressing and making yourself ill over something which isn't worth it (ha, she says!!). I'm in the same boat, and I'd go as far to say that work is one of my triggers.
Could you speak to your boss and explain you're really feeling the stress? Sometimes companies have guidlines in place to help in stressful situations.

:hug:
Take care

S

sunny

Thanks for your reply, I know its not worth putting our sanity in jeopardy, thats why i was going to quit, but they insisted and took away my stress trigger,, they have made it easier for me now, thank goodness!!! I am battered still, but a bit more reliefed (if i make spelling mistakes, sorry) Best wishes to you and your daughters.

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Well done Sunny. You've done well!

D

dreambuggieII

Well done too

Sorry to ask for the earth, as we all have challenges and sometimes I can be sterile...just a method of a maddness....wishing you a good day in any case.

my best

Outer

Lovely song....

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X0BRhBft-Xc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X0BRhBft-Xc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

K

Kat667

Sounds like your doing well Sunny with all you have to cope with.
Work and children is very stressful (I have a 9 and 11 year old) and went back to work when they were still very young. It can be difficult finding the energy for everything, I hope you have a support network to help you out, family, friends etc, they can be like a safety valve when it all gets too much.