New Member. I have eupd/bpd and I’ve completely lost control

L

LostControl

Hi, I’m new. I have eupd. I had a reasonable level of control over my impulses and emotions for many years. But now (for the last year) I have completely lost control of my emotions and behaviour. It’s like trying to regain control of a vehicle that is slipping on ice. I’m petrified and heading for a fatal crash. I’ve joined to hopefully hear from other members who have been through what I’m going through...and have survived and made it out. I will post more about what’s happening in the borderline personality disorder forum, but for now I just wanted to say hello

Z

Zoe1

:welcome: Lostcontrol

yes I have issues like that, although that is not my diagnosis
I relate very much, to being out of control emotionally
and how frightening that is

this place has really helped me alot

:grouphug:

toutatis

toutatis

Hi @LostControl,

Hang in there, please, and keep reaching out as you're definitely not alone in your struggles here.

A very warm welcome to you, fight on. There's always hope!

Beth D

Beth D

Hey, what you are feeling is normal. I'm an EUPD sufferer and this time last year I was in your position. I was no longer spiraling out of control.. I WAS out of control. I didn't see a way out and felt trapped,overwhelmed and 'crazy' not to mention unsavable. This became my normal. But a year on and I'm calmer, more balanced and do see the positive in life. I have regained control of the wheel and my journey has finally hit a smooth path.
Stick with it, you will hit a few potholes, gravel paths, upwards hills, but when you get over that hill... You will be thankful you held on and kept driving. X

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Introduce Yourself 8
L Introduce Yourself 6
D Introduce Yourself 6
Keenbaker08 Introduce Yourself 13
B Introduce Yourself 5