• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

New member - Harm OCD/false memory/anxiety

G

GeorgeEgroeg

Hey everyone,

I wanted to reach out on here and ask what fellow sufferers/advisers might think about my particular situation. I have lived with OCD for around 9/10 years now and have gone through a number of different topics of obsession, worry and fear. I am regularly seeing a therapist and I take sertraline medication 100mg. My current obsession and worry is around harm OCD, false memories with regards to a new relationship that I am in.

I have been seeing a lady for around 1 month now and things are going well. We have a really good time together and its early days. However my anxiety and OCD seems to be standing in the way and I have been dealing with a lot of feelings of worry, fear and guilt around some intrusive thoughts/false memories. She has stayed at my house a couple of times and when we have been falling asleep together I have been struggling with thoughts that I could touch her sexually whilst she is asleep. I then freak out the next morning and worry that I have touched her and therefore committed sexual assault. She has never said anything and all has been good in the relationship, but I'm driving myself round the bend with this! I know not to do compulsions and I'm trying my best not to check, go over my memory or ask for any reassurance but it gets hard at times. I sometimes catch myself trying to check and then I find if I do leave this obsession alone, it comes back and feels real, like I've actually done something bad and time has sewn in a false memory.

I also get these pangs of anxiety when she says things like 'be honest with me about stuff' because I feel like I'm lying to her or by not saying anything about this that I'm being dishonest. I don't want to say anything about this because its uncomfortable and its very early in knowing her, even though we have been seeing each other a lot. At the same time my thoughts concern her as the subject and fears that I have harmed her in some way and so I feel like I'm being pushed to say something. I then start to stress and worry that i have to confess that I touched her inappropriately etc and I get all worried again.

I just wondered if anyone had any advice over this? We're not boyfriend and girlfriend or anything and its very early days, do I have to say something about this? Am I lying if I don't or am I being dishonest? Its a lot to handle and I just want to be a good guy and have nice times with this lady. If you have any words of wisdom on the obsessions or on the thing about talking about this, could you let me know?

Thanks so much!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M New Member Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
J New member OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
M New member here with OCD. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
D Advice for living with OCD family member Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
J Was Anyone A Member Of Stuckinadoorway Forum? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
M Struggling with self harm Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
C Harm OCD - Covid Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
K Is this self-harm ocd or suicidal thinking? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
C Harm ocd but a history of being a bad person Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
S Harm Ocd Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
W Harm OCD - False Memories *PLEASE RESPOND* Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
W The Root of My Harm OCD — A Confession Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 11
H Harm ocd Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 11
boogaooga Has anyone here tried ERP for harm OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
R Harm ocd , scared im going to kill someone Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
H Self-Harm OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 8
C Harm ocd Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 14
F Harm OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
R Harm ocd Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
I Harm OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
D Doubting whether I intended to harm my son... Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
K Self harm Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
Ocdthebuginmybrain Is it possible for my contamination ocd to be harm OCD as well? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 0
Ocdthebuginmybrain Does harm OCD have to be physical? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
E OCD? compulsive self harm Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
K New compulsion or subconscious self harm? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
L Parent of daughter with possible harm OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
O 18 years old- harm OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
N Harm ocd... Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
N How can you tell if someone has harm OCD or if they are geuinlly homicidal? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
N Normal to be convinced you want to commit homicide in harm ocd? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
M Pure-O OCD... Harm Obsession / Bad Intrusive Thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 13
S New here. Harm OCD. How do I KNOW I won't do it? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
raquelmaria15 Is my self-harm OCD behavior? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
K Harm OCD Help! (might trigger) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
Living dead Question over harm to skin Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
U Skin picking, self harm or OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
H Does anyone else get this with harm ocd? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 8
rosebx3 scared about my OCD intrusive thoughts consisting of my boyfriend Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 0
G Is my OCD impossible? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
K Life After OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
N OCD is destroyingmy life Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 0
D Strange ocd theme! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 23
P OCD and anxiety over blood borne viruses Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
C Do you think I'm Ocd? HELP! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
C I'm going crazy.. Help Me! (Ocd) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 9
G New treatment for OCD - brain pulses Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
S Ocd back Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
E OCD (fear of being poisoned) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
J Methods to beat OCD effectively Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5