New member first time secking help for anger/anxiety

D

Dreamer123

Hi all. I'm neally 40 and male, I work for one of biggest companies in the world. I have a farely big house In the country. I'm married with a 2 children. 4year old boy and 18month girl. I have quite a few friends but no one really close I can confidine. The reason why I'm.here is I need help I get very angry for what seems no reason, my wife crunching, breathing loadly etc. We argue all the time and I think she is a horrible person but actualy she is not. She is very kind and loving and would do any thing for the family. I take proprobanole and citralibane for last 10years. I do suffer from a lot of anxity I think due to the pressure I put my self under to always be the funny one, confidante one at work. The one that is always carm and in control. People look to.me for those things which makes me worry all the time. Which I guess I take out in my wife. Everything she does I think she has a hidden meaning or is being nasty but she isn't. I feel so lonely and it's gone on for so long. I just want to be able to relax and be myself and enjoy life but no idea how. I have a good social life but sometime I think it's just all fake.

Does anyone else feel like this?
Where do I start to solve these issues?

Z

Zoe1

hi Welcome

pretty normal to have those feelings I think
after being with someone so long
you might need some space from each other
and probably you are overworked as well

I think people just dont usually admit to these feelings
so you have been brave to come and share

:welcome::grouphug:

L

Lunacie

My granddaughter has the same reaction to being in the same room with someone chewing and breathing loudly. It's part of Sensory Processing Disorder. Google "Misophonia." Bet that resonates with you.

It sounds like the Propranolol and Citalopram aren't helping your anxiety enough. Please talk to the doctor about changing the dosage or trying a different med. I took Zoloft for many years and it really helped me with the sudden anger. Recently switched to Cymbalta to help with neuropathy as well as anxiety.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Introduce Yourself 6
T Introduce Yourself 8
L Introduce Yourself 6
Keenbaker08 Introduce Yourself 13
B Introduce Yourself 5