• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

New member feeling lost

tjo73

tjo73

Hi my name is Teresa and I am a new member. I am 36 live in plymouth and have had mental health problems all my adult life, which I always believed was severe depression and self harm, but which a shrink has diagnosed as Borderline personality disorder afer seeing me twice recently.
My interest in the forum is that I feel that only those people who live with mental health problems everyday or have suffered from a mental health problem have any real understanding of what it is like to suffer from it, and can sometimes offer support and understanding that you don't get from non sufferers. :mad:

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi Teresa :welcome: to the forum I hope you find the help and suport you need here everyone is very friendly :)

sallyG

sallyG

:welcome: to the forum poppet..im sally..hope you will find support here as everyone is really friendly

bluenomore

bluenomore

:welcome: to the forum Teresa :)

G

GrizzlyBear

Founding Member
:welcome: to the forum. :flowers:

Emily-Rose

Emily-Rose

Hey there :) Welcome to the forum!

I've been gone a few days, I was on holiday, but welcome :D

I hope you like it here, we're all very understanding :)

Emily.xx

W

Wonky

Hi Teresa, hope u find being here useful.

I think you are likely to find people who have had similar problems and experiences.

G

gabriel11

Hi Teresa. Welcome here. I have no personal experience of mental health problems. I know you may feel more at ease talking with people who share the same situation but, do you really think that the rest can't understand or sympathise with you?

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
Hi Teresa,
Have a look around the forum,...you're not alone. :flowers:
welcome-2.png

tjo73

tjo73

Thanks to everyone. To Gabriel11 I'm sorry if you got the impression that I don't think that non sufferers of mental health issues can't understand and sympathise with those that do, that was not my intention, it is just my experience, but i am open minded enough to accept that I might be wrong.:LOL:

Lion Heart

Lion Heart

most normal people seem to not understand but there is a few angels around :)

G

gabriel11

Thanks to everyone. To Gabriel11 I'm sorry if you got the impression that I don't think that non sufferers of mental health issues can't understand and sympathise with those that do, that was not my intention, it is just my experience, but i am open minded enough to accept that I might be wrong.:LOL:
Yes. By contrast, I can tell you that the worst experiences in my life have been with people whom social constructions of identity ascribe them roles of efficiency and "normality". Now I am very selective and put barriers to protect myself from arrogance and stupidity. Meanwhile, I know that there do exist nice people. Open-mindedness, as you say, is crucial.
XX Gabriel11

keepsafe

keepsafe

:welcome:Hope you find it friendly and helpful here
KS
:flowers: