New meds

P

PD

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Well day 3 of starting trazodone and I feel a lot calmer within myself . I also had the best sleep ever last nite which is a bonus for me as I suffer with insomnia . I’m told trazodone can take up to 6 wks for full effects so I’m hoping I can only start to get better and just maybe this is the right tablet for me . 7 yrs ago was diagnosed with bipolar last yr my psychiatrist left and I was given a new one he now states I havnt got bipolar and in fact I have EUPD . I’ve start a group therapy 25th feb which I’m so nervous about as I really don’t get along In groups but I am going to try one session see how I get on . It’s called the Bloom program what I’m going to be doing will let people know how I get along have a nice day people

P

pink.and.fluffy

I have EUPD to so I know how you feel and I can relate to your situation. I haven't heard of trazadone but it sounds as though its working for you already which is really good. I am not good in groups either so good luck with that, I am sure you will be fine, take care

P

PD

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I have EUPD to so I know how you feel and I can relate to your situation. I haven't heard of trazadone but it sounds as though its working for you already which is really good. I am not good in groups either so good luck with that, I am sure you will be fine, take care
Thankyou it’s nice when people can relate

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I don’t have eupd but have been to group therapy. The first visit can be daunting but stick with it for a few visits. It will take you a while to settle in but after a few visits you’ll start to feel like you can start to open up. Your group therapist will not put you under any pressure to contribute till you feel able to.

P

PD

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I don’t have eupd but have been to group therapy. The first visit can be daunting but stick with it for a few visits. It will take you a while to settle in but after a few visits you’ll start to feel like you can start to open up. Your group therapist will not put you under any pressure to contribute till you feel able to.
Thanks I’m dreading it but if I go to one session an feel uncomfortable I’ve no intentions of going back . I don’t like the idea of sitting in a room discussing my illness face to face with strangers . This site is good as I can relax and discuss things but I struggle to get along in groups . Your reply is much appreciated it’s good to know others have experienced group therapy and found it helpful

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I fully understand where your coming from for the first three visits I said absolutely nothing and thought these people are much worse than me and I don’t belong here. There were people from all walks of life there ,nurses teachers etc. MH doesn’t discriminate Then I started to open up and was surprised that they thought my problem was worse than theirs. And I got talking to one person in particular and we really hit it off. Fifteen years later we are the best of friends and can talk about our problems without worrying what each other thinks and that’s really helpful where MH is concerned.