New meds. Haldol tablets.

Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

I'm unsure if I like this new med. It seems to help with voices and some visions but gives me prophetic visions. It also seems to make me very paranoid and makes me feel sideways. I also feel afraid and unsure what to do. But maybe I feel so different because I'm getting better ??? Anyone else on first generation antipsychotics? I have also had drooling episodes.

T

Twokiwisandabanana

I've never tired haldol before. I hope the med works out for you if it doesn't see your psychiatrist again and try another? I take seroquel it works for me.

W

Wonderwoman

I was on it early days ,can't recall what happened that I was taken off it. Sorry .
Am on Olanzapine .

O

Old Manager

I'm unsure if I like this new med. It seems to help with voices and some visions but gives me prophetic visions. It also seems to make me very paranoid and makes me feel sideways. I also feel afraid and unsure what to do. But maybe I feel so different because I'm getting better ??? Anyone else on first generation antipsychotics? I have also had drooling episodes.
I used to have very bad dreams like that.
Nothing worse then me drwaming about spiders and you wake up and you can still feel them biting you.
Or you dream of ufos and your on a bus awake and you see the same ufos in the bus window and no one else can see them.
I understand you.
With me intence fear brings them on when l am awake.
As for dreams in my life if l get the same bad dream over and over too many nights l start talking to God in my dreams and he sort it out. I am lucky God bothers at all to even talk with me in bad dreams.
Thats how l cope if things get too bad.
I do understand you.

Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

I've never tired haldol before. I hope the med works out for you if it doesn't see your psychiatrist again and try another? I take seroquel it works for me.
I had seroquel but it didn't work well enough for me. I liked it well enough but to no result.

Passionflower

Passionflower

I took Haldol as tablets and as a depot.It had slight effect on the voices but little else to recommend it except I had no side effects on it.I am on flupentixol and aripiprazole now and the combo works a little better than haldol did.Good luck with it though.