• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

new medication for depression and anxiousity

T

tigers120

hi everyone,,this is my first time on here.I have suffered with agoraphobia and mental health issue for over 30years.tried more forms of medication,treatment in and out of mental hospital.s
7years ago I lost my mother to leacaumia,and I had to cope with that and I thought my issues were under control,so I decide to stop and wean myself off all medications,which I did and felt totally in control.
but then a year ago I lost 2 very special friends and my life was turned upside down.
I am current taking alterave natural supplement for anxiousity and stress.
My gp has suggested I start back on a new medication called VALDOXAN
so after three week I feel worse.my gp has suggested uping the dosage but
my gp know tell me it too expensive so we will have to try something else.
what should I do.?
As I want my life back,and be able to get outside my house and enjoy my famiy
who don't understand why I slipped back.
can anyway help me out with suggestion.
:low::panic:

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi Tigers120 and welcome to the forum.

It sounds as though you've had a lot of stress and grieving to deal with. I hope that things start improving for you soon.

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

hello and welcome

R

Rose19602

A big :welcome: from me too.

I'm sorry you've been through so much.
We have a few members currently who struggle with agoraphobia. Take a look in the anxiety forum for posts on the topic.

I don't know of the medication you mention, but perhaps other will.
I hope you can find the support you need here.
x

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Hi my name is Angela. I have had depression for over 20 years. Medication and therapy stopped working. Today is day three for TMS treatment. Introduce Yourself 11
H Medication Introduce Yourself 6
O Hi pls share your medication for bipolar Introduce Yourself 2
B When medication stops working Introduce Yourself 12
A OCD after medication Introduce Yourself 3
G Under a lot of stress and have had to restart medication. Introduce Yourself 4
Siggsy Newbie to forum. My medication has stopped working again! Introduce Yourself 10
L New medication agomelatine Introduce Yourself 4
S Hi. New here my first time. Having a struggle with GAD and trying really hard to avoid medication. Introduce Yourself 3
L New medication.. Introduce Yourself 7
S What is your bipolar disorder symptoms with medication? Introduce Yourself 3
C Medication Advice OCD & psychosis Introduce Yourself 2
Micsodi Hello! I have auditory hallucinations, I am taking medication for it and it keeps me steady. Introduce Yourself 6
B HI I am looking for others with anxiety and stress due to medication Introduce Yourself 2
L NEED HELP - Struggling to cope without medication Introduce Yourself 2
C Schizoaffective in denial of medication Introduce Yourself 11
M forced medication and it is debilitating Introduce Yourself 8
D Several Medication and Dosage Changes :( Introduce Yourself 2
H Hallucinations with Medication Introduce Yourself 5
A Health anxiety , best medication for this? Introduce Yourself 2
M Anxiety medication Introduce Yourself 6
S Medication confusion Introduce Yourself 2
S Has anyone else developed anxiety & depression after taking prescribed zomorph for years for chronic pain Introduce Yourself 10
K I suffer from depression/CPTSD/bulimia nervosa, struggling every day. Need someone to talk to every now and then Introduce Yourself 9
C Depression and self harm Introduce Yourself 15
P Hello Everybody (Depression, Pure-OCD, Past Mistakes) Introduce Yourself 6
A Hi i really want to chat to anyone with acute depression who could help me by sharing their experiencesHi i really want to chat to anyone with acute Introduce Yourself 11
C Severe to clinical depression Introduce Yourself 7
D Hey all! First time using a forum to talk about depression Introduce Yourself 3
K Introducing myself: currently on deep depression, seeking a reason to stay alive. Introduce Yourself 18
O Major depression and general anxiety Introduce Yourself 13
M depression my old friend Introduce Yourself 9
R I struggle with derealization, anxiety depression Introduce Yourself 4
L New here- Depression Introduce Yourself 7
T Health Anxiety, So ready to give up, I physically ache with pain and depression! Introduce Yourself 15
S Depression-Mike Introduce Yourself 15
P Hi there.. post breakdown and experiencing depression, anxiety and ptsd. Introduce Yourself 25
R BPD, depression, and alcoholism Introduce Yourself 9
N My name is neil. Im an ex nurse and i suffer from p t s d and sever depression. Including anxiety and panic attacks. I've suffered this for 15 years a Introduce Yourself 13
S Introduction PTSD and depression Introduce Yourself 3
M DEPRESSION with TIME Introduce Yourself 5
J 3rd episode of depression, way worse than the first two (24 yr old) Introduce Yourself 3
0205gami A guy from Sweden with ADD and recurrent depression Introduce Yourself 4
L Hey I'm new here 30yr old Male UK; social anxiety, depression and specific phobia. Introduce Yourself 12
S Depression and self loathing Introduce Yourself 6
A New here, struggling with debilitating anorexia nervosa and depression. Introduce Yourself 8
P Depression without relief Introduce Yourself 7
girlwiththekittytattoo I'm new and I feel damaged. CSA and drug-facilitated crime survivor with lots of anxiety, struggle with depression and looking into CPTSD and BDD.. Introduce Yourself 7
M Hypersomnia? Depression and uncontrollable sleeping Introduce Yourself 7
W Hello! Overthinking, insomnia, social anxiety, performance anxiety, paruresis, depression. Introduce Yourself 6