New, looking for advice

N

Nena

Hi, new to here. Looking to quit Marihuana smoking, hoping to find resources to read, activities, therapies that may help and practical advice from others.
What has worked for you?

Nena

Liza9560

Liza9560

Hi, new to here. Looking to quit Marihuana smoking, hoping to find resources to read, activities, therapies that may help and practical advice from others.
What has worked for you?

Nena
Hi, Nena! I am in the same boat. For years, I’ve been a proud stoner. I do not drink alcohol; I drink coffee and smoke weed. However, in the last 8 weeks or so, I’ve experienced increased anxiety, depression, and violent intrusive thoughts, and the weed does NOT help. It makes things way worse.

I’m in the same boat as you! It’s tough; I miss it, and it’s toughest when I hang out with friends and party and stuff. I chew gum. I dance to the music.

I know that it’s gonna make me way more freaked out than I wanna be, and that’s enough to make me say, “Naw, I’m okay.” But I miss it.

Don’t mix weed with benzos or other mellowing drugs; it’ll make you feel terrible ultimately.

One thing that keeps me abstaining is the way it’s benefited my voice. I’m a singer, and it’s make such a fantastic difference in my lungs and throat health. I’m hitting all those notes and flipping from chest to head voice with no problem now. Love it!

Stay strong, Nena. We can do this. It’s not so bad to be in our own skin, really. It does get easier after a couple weeks.

N

Nena

Hi Liza9560
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Similarly to you, I dont drink alcohol or take any other drug, or prescription drug. I have also been a proud stoner, I’m happy just drinking juice if I make it to a social event -I’m not feeling very social lately (probably because of the weed!) Congratulations on being clean yourself, it helps me to see what my future could be like too.

I wish I could get to the ‘I could take it or leave it state’ with marihuana like some - If I have some it needs smoked. In that sense, the weed is controling me and not viceversa. I am reaching out for advice -that’s new behaviour to me to, I feel i’m almost ready to stop.

I stopped smoking years ago for almost 3 years and my improvement was incredible... my mood, my clarity but when I felt level headed again I took it back with a vengeance.

I will let you know how I get on.

Stay safe xx

Liza9560

Liza9560

Hi Liza9560
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Similarly to you, I dont drink alcohol or take any other drug, or prescription drug. I have also been a proud stoner, I’m happy just drinking juice if I make it to a social event -I’m not feeling very social lately (probably because of the weed!) Congratulations on being clean yourself, it helps me to see what my future could be like too.

I wish I could get to the ‘I could take it or leave it state’ with marihuana like some - If I have some it needs smoked. In that sense, the weed is controling me and not viceversa. I am reaching out for advice -that’s new behaviour to me to, I feel i’m almost ready to stop.

I stopped smoking years ago for almost 3 years and my improvement was incredible... my mood, my clarity but when I felt level headed again I took it back with a vengeance.

I will let you know how I get on.

Stay safe xx
Yep, I feel ya. I’ve stopped before, only to pick it back up w the vengeance you describe. I can smoke a little here and there, but eventually, I’m back to smoking all day, and that ends up being a good eighth oz. (or more!) a week...which costs me $50-$60 (or more!) per week!

Also, if the weed isn’t the dankest, I’ll not even get that stoned on it, and I’ll just smoke to smoke, hurting my lungs and psyche as well my pocketbook.

I really believe that my addiction to weed is mostly an addiction to smoking; my habit is a smoker’s habit mostly, not a high-on-weed habit. When I first started to actively abstain, I’d think of smoking every seven minutes or so! Eventually, that gap got wider and wider, and now, it’s pretty easy to go thru the day without wanting to smoke. It’s hanging out at gatherings that triggers the craving these days. But I’m happy to report that, this weekend, I hung out and refused my desires like a good girl! :)

Stay strong! We don’t need altering! And, we don’t need to puff.

N

Nena

Yep, I feel ya. I’ve stopped before, only to pick it back up w the vengeance you describe. I can smoke a little here and there, but eventually, I’m back to smoking all day, and that ends up being a good eighth oz. (or more!) a week...which costs me $50-$60 (or more!) per week!

Also, if the weed isn’t the dankest, I’ll not even get that stoned on it, and I’ll just smoke to smoke, hurting my lungs and psyche as well my pocketbook.

I really believe that my addiction to weed is mostly an addiction to smoking; my habit is a smoker’s habit mostly, not a high-on-weed habit. When I first started to actively abstain, I’d think of smoking every seven minutes or so! Eventually, that gap got wider and wider, and now, it’s pretty easy to go thru the day without wanting to smoke. It’s hanging out at gatherings that triggers the craving these days. But I’m happy to report that, this weekend, I hung out and refused my desires like a good girl! :)

Stay strong! We don’t need altering! And, we don’t need to puff.
Thanks again, Liza. You’ve made me ask myself the question of how often I think about smoking when i’m abstaining.

I’m glad I found the forum. It’s helping me plan my exit well. Only I can do it.

Best wishes xx