New, looking for advice

N

Nena

Hi, new to here. Looking to quit Marihuana smoking, hoping to find resources to read, activities, therapies that may help and practical advice from others.
What has worked for you?

Nena

Liza9560

Liza9560

Hi, new to here. Looking to quit Marihuana smoking, hoping to find resources to read, activities, therapies that may help and practical advice from others.
What has worked for you?

Nena
Hi, Nena! I am in the same boat. For years, I’ve been a proud stoner. I do not drink alcohol; I drink coffee and smoke weed. However, in the last 8 weeks or so, I’ve experienced increased anxiety, depression, and violent intrusive thoughts, and the weed does NOT help. It makes things way worse.

I’m in the same boat as you! It’s tough; I miss it, and it’s toughest when I hang out with friends and party and stuff. I chew gum. I dance to the music.

I know that it’s gonna make me way more freaked out than I wanna be, and that’s enough to make me say, “Naw, I’m okay.” But I miss it.

Don’t mix weed with benzos or other mellowing drugs; it’ll make you feel terrible ultimately.

One thing that keeps me abstaining is the way it’s benefited my voice. I’m a singer, and it’s make such a fantastic difference in my lungs and throat health. I’m hitting all those notes and flipping from chest to head voice with no problem now. Love it!

Stay strong, Nena. We can do this. It’s not so bad to be in our own skin, really. It does get easier after a couple weeks.

N

Nena

Hi Liza9560
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Similarly to you, I dont drink alcohol or take any other drug, or prescription drug. I have also been a proud stoner, I’m happy just drinking juice if I make it to a social event -I’m not feeling very social lately (probably because of the weed!) Congratulations on being clean yourself, it helps me to see what my future could be like too.

I wish I could get to the ‘I could take it or leave it state’ with marihuana like some - If I have some it needs smoked. In that sense, the weed is controling me and not viceversa. I am reaching out for advice -that’s new behaviour to me to, I feel i’m almost ready to stop.

I stopped smoking years ago for almost 3 years and my improvement was incredible... my mood, my clarity but when I felt level headed again I took it back with a vengeance.

I will let you know how I get on.

Stay safe xx

Liza9560

Liza9560

Hi Liza9560
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Similarly to you, I dont drink alcohol or take any other drug, or prescription drug. I have also been a proud stoner, I’m happy just drinking juice if I make it to a social event -I’m not feeling very social lately (probably because of the weed!) Congratulations on being clean yourself, it helps me to see what my future could be like too.

I wish I could get to the ‘I could take it or leave it state’ with marihuana like some - If I have some it needs smoked. In that sense, the weed is controling me and not viceversa. I am reaching out for advice -that’s new behaviour to me to, I feel i’m almost ready to stop.

I stopped smoking years ago for almost 3 years and my improvement was incredible... my mood, my clarity but when I felt level headed again I took it back with a vengeance.

I will let you know how I get on.

Stay safe xx
Yep, I feel ya. I’ve stopped before, only to pick it back up w the vengeance you describe. I can smoke a little here and there, but eventually, I’m back to smoking all day, and that ends up being a good eighth oz. (or more!) a week...which costs me $50-$60 (or more!) per week!

Also, if the weed isn’t the dankest, I’ll not even get that stoned on it, and I’ll just smoke to smoke, hurting my lungs and psyche as well my pocketbook.

I really believe that my addiction to weed is mostly an addiction to smoking; my habit is a smoker’s habit mostly, not a high-on-weed habit. When I first started to actively abstain, I’d think of smoking every seven minutes or so! Eventually, that gap got wider and wider, and now, it’s pretty easy to go thru the day without wanting to smoke. It’s hanging out at gatherings that triggers the craving these days. But I’m happy to report that, this weekend, I hung out and refused my desires like a good girl! :)

Stay strong! We don’t need altering! And, we don’t need to puff.

N

Nena

Yep, I feel ya. I’ve stopped before, only to pick it back up w the vengeance you describe. I can smoke a little here and there, but eventually, I’m back to smoking all day, and that ends up being a good eighth oz. (or more!) a week...which costs me $50-$60 (or more!) per week!

Also, if the weed isn’t the dankest, I’ll not even get that stoned on it, and I’ll just smoke to smoke, hurting my lungs and psyche as well my pocketbook.

I really believe that my addiction to weed is mostly an addiction to smoking; my habit is a smoker’s habit mostly, not a high-on-weed habit. When I first started to actively abstain, I’d think of smoking every seven minutes or so! Eventually, that gap got wider and wider, and now, it’s pretty easy to go thru the day without wanting to smoke. It’s hanging out at gatherings that triggers the craving these days. But I’m happy to report that, this weekend, I hung out and refused my desires like a good girl! :)

Stay strong! We don’t need altering! And, we don’t need to puff.
Thanks again, Liza. You’ve made me ask myself the question of how often I think about smoking when i’m abstaining.

I’m glad I found the forum. It’s helping me plan my exit well. Only I can do it.

Best wishes xx

Liza9560

Liza9560

Hey there, Nena! I have scientific findings to report to you.

I went to Cali recently, and I had some weed. Joints, candies, and some CBD oil that is 1/4 THC. I’ve also smoked a little of Texas illegal bud.

In the month since we’ve chatted, I haven’t had that much weed. I definitely like the stuff from Cali more than I like the TX bud, but I have no idea why. We can get the same strains here as one can find in California, Colorado, Washington, but they are better from the dispensaries. This may be some trick my mind is playing on me, being in such a giddy, pleased state while in those giddy, pleasing states.

I asked the budtender in Cali what he recommended, told him I experience depression and anxiety and used to be a heavy smoker but cut way back. And that weed had stopped being fun and had turned into a scary-state inducer. He suggested sativas, saying that even though sativas can make you paranoid and they are more cerebral than indicas, they make people happier and that indicas have been known to make folks more depressed.

I got a joint each of sativa, indica & a hybrid, and I liked the sativa a lot! The others were ok...but the indica made me a little pissy and judgmental, and the hybrid was also a grumpier experience. And all 3 spp., including the sativa, “got old” if I smoked a bunch of em. Like, if I puffed on one joint three times in an evening, the third time, the high had gotten a little lame, a little annoyed.

I found that when I get a noticble body high these days, something indicas are known for, i didn’t like it. With two different weeds on two different occasions, and w/ one I knew was an indica, my legs felt high and wobbly and I was quite unsure of myself—let’s put it that way. (I was only wobbling “on the inside,” thank goodness.)

I also had some hard candy, which kinda made me feel freaky-high, but were really nothing to write home about.

The CBD oil w/ 1/4 THC is awesome. Makes me very relaxed and a *little* high....yummy high. I lay in bed and snuggled with my cat. It was glorious.

How are you these days, Nena? Any experiments of your own to add?

M

mr.s0lodol0

Nena, I am in the same boat as you and this is such a touchy subject. I have been smoking everyday since I was 16 and am 24 at the moment. Being in Cali its readily available and normal to socialize with. But i've been dealing with motivation problems pretty much my whole latter life. Think its coming down to being the bigger you and saying fuck this shit, I'm good. I live with housemates who smoke so even when I spend the day saying I'm done smoking i'll come home and find myself rolling one up. It's one of those things you just do NOT TALK ABOUT DOING. If your circle is a bunch of stoners you may just need to refrain from them. I have a jar full at home and am telling myself I dont wanna touch it anymore. We'll see how it goes. Didn't smoke yesterday :) good luck! mind > matter

Liza9560

Liza9560

Mr. Solo! Good luck on your quest for clarity and freedom. Quitting weed is like quitting cigarettes in that you just have to get past the thinking about it all the time habit. Soon enough, your thoughts won’t be consumed by smoking and not smoking and wanting it and pep talking yourself that you’re all good without it. After a couple weeks, you’ll just live your life day to day, and weed won’t be a part of it.

It sucks that it goes from awesome to blah to anxiety-ridden crappy, the mary j. I just loved it, would’ve worn a badge for my achievements in its consumption. But it turned shitty for me and I had to *basically* give it up. Now I’m all proud of myself for getting to a place where I’m totally good without it. I even feel happy endorphin waves wash over my body every now and then, while I’m driving, lying down, relaxing. So, being in my own true skin is not so boring after all!

Keep us posted, Mister! Have a great rest of your week....

S

Sara84

Hey! I’m new today...can’t believe I’m posting...but I’m in exactly the same place. I can’t stop getting stoned...went to therapy (we pay 😕) bunked off work, got high, joined this forum. In that order lol. Don’t know who I am or how to function in polite society without weed! I’m going to read the thread properly now 😂 just wanted to say I’m going through the same journey xx

N

Nena

Hey there, Nena! I have scientific findings to report to you.

I went to Cali recently, and I had some weed. Joints, candies, and some CBD oil that is 1/4 THC. I’ve also smoked a little of Texas illegal bud.

In the month since we’ve chatted, I haven’t had that much weed. I definitely like the stuff from Cali more than I like the TX bud, but I have no idea why. We can get the same strains here as one can find in California, Colorado, Washington, but they are better from the dispensaries. This may be some trick my mind is playing on me, being in such a giddy, pleased state while in those giddy, pleasing states.

I asked the budtender in Cali what he recommended, told him I experience depression and anxiety and used to be a heavy smoker but cut way back. And that weed had stopped being fun and had turned into a scary-state inducer. He suggested sativas, saying that even though sativas can make you paranoid and they are more cerebral than indicas, they make people happier and that indicas have been known to make folks more depressed.

I got a joint each of sativa, indica & a hybrid, and I liked the sativa a lot! The others were ok...but the indica made me a little pissy and judgmental, and the hybrid was also a grumpier experience. And all 3 spp., including the sativa, “got old” if I smoked a bunch of em. Like, if I puffed on one joint three times in an evening, the third time, the high had gotten a little lame, a little annoyed.

I found that when I get a noticble body high these days, something indicas are known for, i didn’t like it. With two different weeds on two different occasions, and w/ one I knew was an indica, my legs felt high and wobbly and I was quite unsure of myself—let’s put it that way. (I was only wobbling “on the inside,” thank goodness.)

I also had some hard candy, which kinda made me feel freaky-high, but were really nothing to write home about.

The CBD oil w/ 1/4 THC is awesome. Makes me very relaxed and a *little* high....yummy high. I lay in bed and snuggled with my cat. It was glorious.

How are you these days, Nena? Any experiments of your own to add?

Hi @Liza9560
Apologies first of all for not acknowledging your message. It was kind of you to share your experience.
I had tried raw CBD tincture (there’s not much you can get in Scotland legally) for pain and to see if it would aid anxiety, sleep, and my temper but I didn't feel anything in terms of pain relief for arthritis and a sports injury I have, or with my anxiety.
Could the amount you smoke determine the dosage for CBD oil I should need?

I hope you are well and slowly weaning off the herb, you seem to have an element of control for what you say. Keep it up!

Hugs, Nena

N

Nena

Nena, I am in the same boat as you and this is such a touchy subject. I have been smoking everyday since I was 16 and am 24 at the moment. Being in Cali its readily available and normal to socialize with. But i've been dealing with motivation problems pretty much my whole latter life. Think its coming down to being the bigger you and saying fuck this shit, I'm good. I live with housemates who smoke so even when I spend the day saying I'm done smoking i'll come home and find myself rolling one up. It's one of those things you just do NOT TALK ABOUT DOING. If your circle is a bunch of stoners you may just need to refrain from them. I have a jar full at home and am telling myself I dont wanna touch it anymore. We'll see how it goes. Didn't smoke yesterday :) good luck! mind > matter
Hi @mr.s0lodol0
Apologies for the super late reply. I have been smoking a lot recently, trying to kill time by doing so. At times laying in bed and smoking all day to try to let time pass. This morning I woke up crying and I laid in bed feeling sorry for myself for 5 hours after being sleeping for 8hrs...
I have connections that smoke but I mainly smoke by myself, at home and I live alone so leaving people behind does nor change the outcome for me.

Only I can do it!

How are you keeping these days? Have you try new options that could work for you?

Hugs,
Nena