• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

New here!

Mouse

Mouse

Hello!
Soooo... about me.

I'm 19, english, I've cut myself since I was 15 and I was diagnosed with bipolarII over a year ago. Although I'm still not sure if the diagnosis is correct. I was diagnosed once with cyclothymia, then twice with bipolarII. To be honest I'm not sure if any of it is right. And since I got too depressed to leave the house, I no longer have a psyciatrist. Pshhhhh.

Just hoping to meet some fellow lunatics :) so... yeah, hi.

K

Kat667

Hello Mouse,
Sometimes diagnosis can be difficult as they need to assess moods etc over a period of time. I was initially diagnosed with post-natal depression years ago, depression before that until I hit a really bad low and realised that the extreme ups and downs were not normal and needed sorted out.
I've had tests for thyroid function etc to rule that out and even been treated for fibromyalgia as some of the symptoms are similar.

Did the psychiatrist help at all?
Best wishes, Kat.:welcome:

Lozzi_1004

Lozzi_1004

Hiya :) :welcome:

Could you question your diagnosis with a GP or someone? The initial diagnosis is awful, it can take ages to finally accept it - if you do at all!

:hug: Hope you like it here
:flowers:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pandora420 Introduce Yourself 10
D Introduce Yourself 4
M Introduce Yourself 5
EarthChild Introduce Yourself 4
Poemwrit3r Introduce Yourself 4