• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

New here

M

MissKayz-x

I joined here yesterday, posted a few thingys but not introduced myself! Im Kaylie, im 17. I have a 3 year old son paris (who is being looked after by my friend) and a 1 year old daughter blair (or i call her fairy, and shes with foster parents) and my daughters twin died when they were both 3 weeks old. I was really ill surrounding their birth and in a coma for 3 weeks. I have bpd, ocd, ptsd and psychotic depression and ive been in an adolescent mental health unit since feb ish i think. I also have quite a few medical problems so i bounce between the hospital and the mhu which is crap. I was sexually and physically abused when i was small until i was 13 and taken into care and i lost my brother and sister along the way. Then, my parents comitted suicide when i was 14 and 15.

Look forward to getting to know you all a bit more :) xxx

Emily-Rose

Emily-Rose

Hey theree,

Welcome to the forum I'm glad you found us! Everyone's really friendly here, and I hope you get the help and support you need

Since you're new here it might be helpful to read the forum rules and guidelines if you haven't already done so, by clicking here
http://www.mentalhealthforum.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=96. And the "How to use this forum" section might be of use to you if you aren't sure how to naviagate around the forums (I remember when I first came, I knew nothing :)) http://www.mentalhealthforum.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27

I hope you like it here and stay around I hope to see you around the forums!

Emily.x

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Hi Kaylie and :welcome: to the Forum. I hope that you can find some companionship and advice here - oh amd entertainment if you want it too!

Nick.

M

MissKayz-x

Thank you.. I'll have a read of the rules and how to work this place lol. Its a bit confusing but im getting there.

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
:) - just ask if you have any questions or problems.

Nick.

D

Dazed_and_Confused

hi

Hi i am mark ... im also new, i have just joined this second ... i have posted a question on general forum titled help? ... i have been diagnosed with depression in the past ... but i think there is more to it ... i dont know im just confused, im seeing a nurse when they can get me in the doc has finaly listened!
i feel embarassed ... and confused
:tea:

D

Dazed_and_Confused

hello

hi im also new here ... im 24 ... little bit confused as to who and what i am ... i often feel this way, have been diagnosed with depression ... i feel there's more to it ... im not always depressed ... urghhhh "normaly" i am outgoing, will talk to anyone, do anything ... and yet other times im completely the opposite ... i dont hear voices, but i often like ... trance out thinking all sorts of stuff, random thoughts good and bad ... this just feels normal to me, but ... after 10yrs at least feling this way, im begining to think there is something a miss and reading into it i feel i may have a problem :) anyway sorry to bore you with my life story lol :welcome:

D

Dazed_and_Confused

^

as you can see ... my memory is ... erm ... F**KD

Spotted Flycatcher

Spotted Flycatcher

Hello Dazed_and_Confused (and everyone else) , Welcome to forum! Your life story was interesting to read. :welcome:

Erm........ hopefully I'll write some more later about myself. I've gone blank now. Got visitors coming in few weeks (a rare event!) and I'm tryin to clear several years of accumulated rubbish (a lot of it mixed or decorated by what comes out of cats) - I haven't been able to face it for several years - perhaps it's a sign of improvement that I am facing it now...

Messy has been my usual state since I was old enough to make mess. My parents employed a cleaner and she sometimes burst into tears when she opened the door to my room :eek: I have been bursting into tears and trembling tryin to clear up now..actually I'm not just trying I am actually doing it! :clap: - a mixture of overwhelm at the enormity of it and various reminders of past miseries.. :(

The last few years I've spent a lot of time on political/current affairs discussion forums and thought forums might be a good medium for improving my mental health - as well as maybe being a place to talk about friends' and family's mental health and dealing with that.

Last year I was assessed for Asperger's Syndrome (I asked for it) - I "passed" (it felt like an exam!) all the quizzes except for childhood developmental stuff for which there wasn't enough info for a positive diagnosis...so no definite diagnosis. Something is definitley a bit different about me! I used to think it was the result of childhood abuse but tryin to understand the behaviour of recent partners led me to explore the neurological path of possibilities for myself too...

I scored v high on intelligence so that cheered me up!

Depression, anxiety and chronic fatigue, relationship problems :( , addiction, social phobia, overwhelm, not washing for months (not convinced there's anything wrong with that, tho! - saves water :innocent: ) is some of the mental health stuff in my life to date. Never fitted in.........now 50 years old, living on my own in isolated rural madness! I enjoy being in nature. Quite often I am happy enough with my lot but am often accompanied by wishing I was dead, or part of me wishing it anyway, because life feels so bleak and unnourishing and lonely...

Good luck everyone.

:grouphug:

Last edited:
G

gnasha

new comer

Hi I'm Natasha 30yrs old from stockton.

I've just found the forum. Severed with depression for last 9 months but doc thinks it goes back further with PTSD.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Introduce Yourself 5
L Introduce Yourself 9
I Introduce Yourself 8
V Introduce Yourself 5
M Introduce Yourself 5