• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

New here

D

DisturbedGirl2009

Hello guys and girls. I am new to the site and this is kind of the first time that i have said anything about this to anyone outside my closest friends.

Ok here goes.

I come from an abusive childhood, alchoholic, depressed and violent parents. The abuse was everything bar sexual, to which i will always be greatful. As far back as i can remember all i can see is violence and hurt. There is to much to go into on a forum, but i am sure that you can get the gist. I can remember that i started to cut myself at the rough age of 6 and i am in my 30s. My childhood still affect me to this day and i still get blackouts and flashback to then. I have numerous and deep scars both pysically and emotionally. I now have a family and i love them dearly but the urge still hits me like a freight train. It has been a few years since i have done any real damage, but, it takes everything that i have in me to do it. I still want to hurt/cut/mutilate and feel the release that i got from self harm.

Recently though i keep having the most unreal urge to keep going, self harmers never totally recover, it has been such a part of my life it is impossible for me to stop it totally. Small things like a song or a phrase will set my brain off and i feel like running to the bathroom...

Thank you for reading and taking the time to go through this, sorry for letting all this go but there was no other option

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GrizzlyBear

Founding Member
Welcome to the forum. Hope you find it a friendly and supportive place. :welcome:

D

Dollit

Hi and welcome to the forum, hope you find us helpful & friendly

S

*Sapphire*

Hi and :welcome: to the forum!

There is a wealth of knowledge, support and experience to be found here.

Jo1760

Jo1760

Hi,

Welcome to the forum, I hope you find the support helpful. Its a very friendly site.

Take care and keep posting.

Jo X