• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

New here

C

Christin445

Hello,

My name is Christina and I'm 24. I don't even know where to post, as I don't believe my main problem is psychological.

I'm functional for the most part, but I don't really have a support system. I have no friends, barely any social life, and I've got no idea what to do.

I'm usually quite ambitious, I've got plans and ideas, I want to do stuff. But I'm all alone. Whenever I try to make friends I get rejected in some way, because everyone seems to have friends already and I'm not part of their inner circle of friends....

Sometimes it's so hard to cope. I ask for help and people either say they don't know how to help me because they didn't think somebody could be like me, or they say it's not their responsibility. I get depressed a lot, I feel hurt. I think about suicide, as I don't really see a way out. I don't believe in therapy.

I work to the point of exhaustion or I study just to keep myself busy and ...sane.

But here I am. Maybe somebody could change my mind somehow...

B

Bod

Former member
If you're feeling like you want to die, it's important to tell someone.

Help and support is available right now if you need it. You do not have to struggle with difficult feelings alone.

Phone a helpline

These free helplines are there to help when you're feeling down or desperate.

You can also call these helplines for advice if you’re worried about someone else.

In the UK and Ireland, call the Samaritans on 116123.
In the US, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline ion 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, call the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, call Lifeline on 131114.
In New Zealand, call Need to Talk on 1737 or 080017371737.
For other countries please visit this list of crisis helplines.

Useful information

The Forum's page on getting help may also be useful to you. Here is a link to it Mental Health Forum - Getting Help

Here is a link to an article on Suicidal Crisis written by one of the Admin team which you may find helpful Suicidal Crisis

Emergency help

If you are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111 or call the international emergency number of 112).

Please do seek help as soon as possible.

C

Christin445

If you're feeling like you want to die, it's important to tell someone.

Help and support is available right now if you need it. You do not have to struggle with difficult feelings alone.

Phone a helpline

These free helplines are there to help when you're feeling down or desperate.

You can also call these helplines for advice if you’re worried about someone else.

In the UK and Ireland, call the Samaritans on 116123.
In the US, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline ion 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, call the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, call Lifeline on 131114.
In New Zealand, call Need to Talk on 1737 or 080017371737.
For other countries please visit this list of crisis helplines.

Useful information

The Forum's page on getting help may also be useful to you. Here is a link to it Mental Health Forum - Getting Help

Here is a link to an article on Suicidal Crisis written by one of the Admin team which you may find helpful Suicidal Crisis

Emergency help

If you are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111 or call the international emergency number of 112).

Please do seek help as soon as possible.

I'm not actively suicidal! I have thoughts sometimes!

B

Bod

Former member
Hello,

My name is Christina and I'm 24. I don't even know where to post, as I don't believe my main problem is psychological.

I'm functional for the most part, but I don't really have a support system. I have no friends, barely any social life, and I've got no idea what to do.

I'm usually quite ambitious, I've got plans and ideas, I want to do stuff. But I'm all alone. Whenever I try to make friends I get rejected in some way, because everyone seems to have friends already and I'm not part of their inner circle of friends....

Sometimes it's so hard to cope. I ask for help and people either say they don't know how to help me because they didn't think somebody could be like me, or they say it's not their responsibility. I get depressed a lot, I feel hurt. I think about suicide, as I don't really see a way out. I don't believe in therapy.

I work to the point of exhaustion or I study just to keep myself busy and ...sane.

But here I am. Maybe somebody could change my mind somehow...

Hello Christina445, welcome to the forum. Please try not to hurt your self as you are so young and have your whole life ahead of you to live. You will find many members here who can relate to you and will try to help and if possible maybe try to see and talk to your doctor for some help.

Evenly Spaced Tiles

Evenly Spaced Tiles

you dont have to feel like therapy is the only thing that will help. therapists need to know all about you before they can help you. i was recently rejected from getting any therapy because the therapists were talking behind my back and scheming to try and avoid helping me -- so there's no help i would have ever gotten. but in the end i managed to learn the techniques of mental coping online from free sources which to me saved some money and also yes it was embarassing and terrible to have been rejected but now i've also managed to get away from therapists' abuse (yes its possible) so to be abused by your therapist could have also been a risk if you did chose that route.

i think it's great you can feel confident about getting others' help (nonprofessionals) too

C

Christin445

Hello Christina445, welcome to the forum. Please try not to hurt your self as you are so young and have your whole life ahead of you to live. You will find many members here who can relate to you and will try to help and if possible maybe try to see and talk to your doctor for some help.

Thank you! The thing is I need people in my life, not doctors :( It's not depression, it's something else

B

Bod

Former member
Thank you! The thing is I need people in my life, not doctors :( It's not depression, it's something else

Have a look around the different threads as you might see something that you relate too, I am sure you will make some online friends here.

Talula67

Talula67

Hi @Christin445 and :welcome:to the forums. I hope you can get some support from this amazing place. Lots of lost souls supporting each other.

:grouphug:

B

bensmithos

Hi Christine. I also work a TON of hours...it keeps me busy but is definitely exhausting. shoot me a message if you want to talk.