• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

New here...

F

Fighter

Hi,

So I can't seem to stop crying today. I know I have "moderate" depression. I have my first counselling appointment set up for Oct 7 but that seems far away, so looking for some support in the meantime.
I spent 17 years in an abusive relationship, which I'm pretty sure is the cause of my depression--even though I finally left almost 4 years ago.

Thanks

Z

Zoe1

hi Fighter :welcome:

hope you find it helpful here

:grouphug:

Bod

Bod

Hello Fighter, welcome to the forum I hope you can settle in here as we are all helpful and caring members.
By the way I love your screen name.
I went through therapy/counselling and yes it was hard but if you take it nice and slow then you will be fine.

TDCI1994

TDCI1994

Hi,

So I can't seem to stop crying today. I know I have "moderate" depression. I have my first counselling appointment set up for Oct 7 but that seems far away, so looking for some support in the meantime.
I spent 17 years in an abusive relationship, which I'm pretty sure is the cause of my depression--even though I finally left almost 4 years ago.

Thanks
Hello fighter I too had to end a relationship I had for over 8 years due to my ex becoming very physical and psychological abuse and I had a baby girl with her that I brought up with good morals and manners, but now I have been out of this relationship for 3 years I haven't been able to see, speak or even a picture of her sense when I was in a relationship which is over 3 years ago she's now over 8 and I couldn't tell my daughter outta a bunch of strangers complete torcher. My thoughts go out for you if you want to chat drop me a message 😊

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello Fighter, welcome to the forum.

F

Fighter

Hello fighter I too had to end a relationship I had for over 8 years due to my ex becoming very physical and psychological abuse and I had a baby girl with her that I brought up with good morals and manners, but now I have been out of this relationship for 3 years I haven't been able to see, speak or even a picture of her sense when I was in a relationship which is over 3 years ago she's now over 8 and I couldn't tell my daughter outta a bunch of strangers complete torcher. My thoughts go out for you if you want to chat drop me a message 😊
Thanks for the message. I'm sorry about your situation with your daughter. Even though my ex-husband was not kind to me (understatement of the year), I still make sure that my kids have him in their lives. I think it would be more damaging to them to not see their father. It is very difficult for me to have to see him--even briefly--but I do it for my kids. I put my own feelings aside for them. I wish things were different for you.