• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

New here

P

purplelady

Hi all found this website and felt i needed something . My relationship of near 30yrs broke uo 7 months a go and i held it together for my 12 yr old son but these past free months have felt am losing my grip on reality i am up one min hyper down the next have even thought about ending it all thought they would all be better off without me i live hurdreds of miles from my family and no real friend here although i thought i had one but even she has let me down . Recently i have been having some sort of blackout and been making silly mistakes at work have to say when i went though my break up my work just more or less told me to get on with it so i did but for pat couple of months have felt like am losing it cannot cope . Anyway i done something stupid at work on friday and am noe being accused of stealing which i have'nt or if i have cannot remeber doing if that makes sense am so scared of what will happen to me going to see my gp again on monday try get some help because i don't well do not know what i will do thanks for reading this just needed to tell someone

P

purplelady

hi all found this website and felt i needed something . My relationship of near 30yrs broke uo 7 months a go and i held it together for my 12 yr old son but these past free months have felt am losing my grip on reality i am up one min hyper down the next have even thought about ending it all thought they would all be better off without me i live hurdreds of miles from my family and no real friend here although i thought i had one but even she has let me down . Recently i have been having some sort of blackout and been making silly mistakes at work have to say when i went though my break up my work just more or less told me to get on with it so i did but for pat couple of months have felt like am losing it cannot cope . Anyway i done something stupid at work on friday and am noe being accused of stealing which i have'nt or if i have cannot remeber doing if that makes sense am so scared of what will happen to me going to see my gp again on monday try get some help because i don't well do not know what i will do thanks for reading this just needed to tell someone
sorry about the speelling just reading it back just really upset and crying rite now sorry

rollinat

rollinat

Founding Member
Welcome to the forum, Purplelady. It is a good place here and I am glad you have found us - I hope you will find the same sort of support and friendships I have found here. It's good that you're going to see your GP on Monday - they are very familiar with depression and other MH issues so nothing you say will be new to them (I don't know if you have suffered from depression before so this may well not be new to you - apologies if it sounds like I'm trying to teach you to suck eggs). You have coped with a lot for a long time and it is not surprising it is all having an effect on you.

Please let us know how you get on tomorrow - will be thinking of you.

Rollinat

P

purplelady

Welcome to the forum, Purplelady. It is a good place here and I am glad you have found us - I hope you will find the same sort of support and friendships I have found here. It's good that you're going to see your GP on Monday - they are very familiar with depression and other MH issues so nothing you say will be new to them (I don't know if you have suffered from depression before so this may well not be new to you - apologies if it sounds like I'm trying to teach you to suck eggs). You have coped with a lot for a long time and it is not surprising it is all having an effect on you.

Please let us know how you get on tomorrow - will be thinking of you.

Rollinat
thank you very much for your reply i have had depression a couple of times before but this is the worse i have had and i will let you know how i get on once again thank you:grouphug:

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
HEy... welcome to the forum.. I have found this a very useful place. I had many of the symptoms you described and with help and the right treatment have found ways of overcoming them... Good luck at your GPs tomorrow. Try and tell them everything you ve written down ..

P

purplelady

HEy... welcome to the forum.. I have found this a very useful place. I had many of the symptoms you described and with help and the right treatment have found ways of overcoming them... Good luck at your GPs tomorrow. Try and tell them everything you ve written down ..
thank you intelgirl i just feel at times as if i am the only one going though it and that am cracking up just hearing from you guys makes me realise am no thank yo v v v v v much xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Thats fine... its horrible.. i too felt a few months ago that I was the only one with this and although I had been depressed before nothing prepared for the the scary symptoms such as not feeling here and blacking out. THe main this to bear in mine is that you can and will get better ! Take care
XX

P

purplelady

i feel so stupid at times i brust into tears for no reason i know the break up was for the best but i stiil feel a failure i do not sleep very well and when i do i have the most awful dreams and then i wake up crying or so down it is unreal i now have a lovely fella who is great so i should feel better and be moving on xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4evalost

4evalost

Hi purplelady, welcome to the forum:)

Sorry I can't offer any advice at the momnet but here's some :grouphug::hug: for you..