• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

New here

herbie

herbie

I'm Karl, or just Herbie, I'm 36, living in the UK, and I've been struggling with spells of severe (but not long-lasting) depression for many years. Well last September everything went into meltdown and I got a diagnosis of rapid-cycling Bipolar with hypomania. Which sort of makes sense of things now. I got put on lamictal which has helped for a while but the depression is back the last couple of months and they're messing with my meds, and the whole situation is just frustrating and despairing. Its been a year already, when does it ever start to actually get better? (No don't answer that - rhetorical question). Anyway I guess I'm here just for the chance to vent and get some support or something.

Q

quality factor

Hi Herbie and:welcome: .

This forum has been a great support for me over the past few weeks, I hope you get similar rewards!
We all have to learn to live with our diagnosis and try and remain positive through the hard times ,which for some of us are many.
You have friends here..use the site to help you.(y)

D

Dollit

Hi Herbie - a diagnosis of a major psychiatric illness can take some getting used to. My consultant told me that it often feels like the death of self where you doubt the validity of everything you've ever done. Which summed me up to a T. Medication takes time to get right. I take lithium from choice and it has been proved to be the best thing for me over the years.

Take your time and things will change - in the meantime welcome and I hope we can help.

J

jamesdean

Hi karl:welcome:I'm sure it will help finding this forum, Its actually been written in my letter from psych yesterday, though she called it the mhf group,take care jd

T

Twylight

Hi Herbie, it does get better.
it seems to be 4 steps forward three steps back.

Q

quality factor

I don't even feel I'm going forward.....just back..but take no notice of me,
I'm rambling again.:oops:

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Hi Herbie and welcome

I hate it when they start mucking about with my meds, so you have my sympathy

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi Herbie, welcome to the forum. There's a great bunch of people here and the level of support is tremendous - we're also used to venting so feel free to let it all go!

Have fun (if possible!) and take care.

herbie

herbie

Thanks. I definitely feel like I've taken a lot of backward steps lately and no forward ones. I really hope the changes to my meds work because the way I've been feeling the last couple of months is just too much.

M

Missfit

Heya Karl it's me! You can't hide huh. Hope you're doing ok, it can & does get easier & we're here for ya thru bad patches! Hope the new meds kick in soon x

herbie

herbie

omg Missy! I can't escape you :D

Hope you're doing ok.
I'm on limited internet this week, but doing a bit better.
*hug*