New Here

N

Nkosi

Hello all. I'm new to all this but I'll try my best to. So to begin, this past Monday, my girlfriend of 8 months broke up with me due to her worsening depression. These two months have been extremely hard for her. She's stressed about her future as she's applying to podiatry school. She's stressed about work which seems to be getting harder and harder for her. And the thing that probably made her situation worse was the fact that her grandmother had to be taken to the hospital and during that time, was not put on her anti psychotic medication so was confused and lashed out at the staff and family.

N

Nkosi

Hello all. I'm new to all this but I'll try my best to. So to begin, this past Monday, my girlfriend of 8 months broke up with me due to her worsening depression. These two months have been extremely hard for her. She's stressed about her future as she's applying to podiatry school. She's stressed about work which seems to be getting harder and harder for her. And the thing that probably made her situation worse was the fact that her grandmother had to be taken to the hospital and during that time, was not put on her anti psychotic medication so was confused and lashed out at the staff and family. So doing this time, she always told me that she didn't feel like she was being a good girlfriend but I understood that she was going through a rough time and it was not her fault. This past monday we got a chance to eat breakfast and she told me she thought it was best to break up so that she could focus on her family. She said she doesn't want me to wait for her because it would be stressful for her to know that someone was putting their life on hold for her. She still did want to be friends however. At first it was okay, but since that day it has been harder and harder to move on. I now realize that maybe I should have told her about my own depression and issues. I've told her about them not long after we became official and I cried to her. She held me and said that she loved me no matter what. She helped to show me that my failures don't make me a bad person. I've started going to therapy to talk about these issues finally. I want to move on but I can't because I'm afraid that I'll never be able to reach out again. I still love her and I know she's going through a rough time and I want to be there for her no matter what she's going through the same as she was for me I feel. I've asked a councilor if I should reach out to our mutual friend who has known her longer than me. She said that sometimes it's best to follow one's intuition/gut on the matter. Mine was telling me to send her friend the message but now I think I might have made a mistake. The message has gone unread so far and I'm afraid I may have broken the connection one of the only people I could talk to about this. I guess I'm just worried we'll drift apart and never get a chance to reconnect which I really want to do. Sorry for the long read and I know I've left out a lot of info but I just need to get it out there. Also sorry the 5 minute period to edit was passed and I didn't mean to post it write away.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Introduce Yourself 0
M Introduce Yourself 1
S Introduce Yourself 2
M Introduce Yourself 1
B Introduce Yourself 1