New here...

orchidrose

orchidrose

I have BPD and am really noticing that I’ve completely lost my sense of self lately. I’ve always had trouble figuring out who I am and where I belong. It’s really difficult maintaining relationships when I’m unsure of my personality. I notice that I get jealous of others easily. And it’s not about their looks, I always get jealous of how comfortable they are in their own skin and how sure of themselves they are.

Any tips on how to “find” yourself, or find your sense of self? I know it’s not a simple thing....

C

Candy19

Hi and welcome to the forum

I go through the same thing, I'm still not sure if I've found myself as I mirror the people I like and get attached too

I guess focusing on the things you enjoy will help you understand yourself more because that's how people build themselves up in all areas of life which naturally makes you feel more confident within yourself

calypso

calypso

Admin
I know what you mean. There are people who seem to not care what others think of them and just go about their lives full of confidence in who they are and what they want. But I suspect a lot more people feel your way than admit it. I also see a lot of people who sort of lurch through life from one crisis to another and have trouble plamming anything (me??)

I agree with Melodiousa that it can centre of what you like and feel good doing and that gives you confidence. I have only one or two things I do well but they make me feel a sense of self worth.

mami5

mami5

Finding oneself is very hard.

I'm more of a chameleon myself....I just adapt and fit in with whoever or whatever situation I am at the time.

Which one is the real me?.....I have no idea. My sense of self changes so often.