• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

New here

M

mtman899

I have had this for a long time and never really have spoken to anyone about it and am finally gonna seek some treatment.

I have always been able to hide it from my family and the majority of mine seems to come from stress although I'm not certain.

A lot of times when I'm driving I will all of a sudden feel like I'm rushing forward and cannot keep a thought in my head and then I will feel like I can hardly breathe and I will tense up and want to stop the car and get out.
At first I thought it might be motion sickness but then I would wake up out of the blue at night at times feeling like I was having a heart attack and couldn't breathe after awhile the feelings would pass.
I have also experienced it at interviews and in certain social situations but it seems when the situation I'm in comes to a end it goes away.
Needless to say I have been avoiding the interstate for years cause thats where it seems to occur when driving most frequently.
Lately I have had a lot of issues with my X and things seem to have gotten worse which make me think it stress but the waking up in middle of the night is making me wonder what could be possibly triggering it because that has happened when there was no stress involved.

I also will jump up when about to fall asleep a lot dont know if this is part of anxiety or what.

Monday I'm gonna take the first steps to finally getting some help.

Star-28

Star-28

i had severe panick attacks years ago. I would always end up in the hospital thinking I was dying. Lexapro helped me and Klonopin. There are plenty of anti anxiety meds that will help. Eventually you will be able to realize it is just a panic attack and you are not dying and you probably will no longer need medication. Most people grow out of the attacks, but still have small anxiety here and there.

M

mtman899

My doctor prescribed xanax and zoloft and I have read some horror stories on both of these so keeping my fingers crossed.

Star-28

Star-28

there is horror stories about everything. From medications to diet sodas.. You will be okay. Just dont indulge in alcohol with xanax. Thats when it can be dangerous. (Marilyn Monroe, Anna Nicole Smith, Heath Ledger, etc..)