• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

new here (tw)

shdeap88

shdeap88

hi im shdeap,

i came here to meet people with similar problems because some stuff i just cant explain to my therapist. ive been self harming a lot more recently and i just want it to stop. i cant stop because everything is getting worse.

soon im getting new medication to ease my mind, ive told myself if the medication doesnt work ill end my life.

any tips on how to feel okay?

S

sunlilies

Former member
Hello and welcome to the forum. I am so sorry you're going through this. If you want, you can talk to us about what you're going through. You're not alone, and please don't hurt yourself. I know it's hard to stop self harming. And when it comes to medications, it feels like it takes forever to find the right kind of medication. But please don't hurt yourself because of this. I hope you feel better soon.

B

Bod

Former member
If you're feeling like you want to die, it's important to tell someone.

Help and support is available right now if you need it. You do not have to struggle with difficult feelings alone.

Phone a helpline

These free helplines are there to help when you're feeling down or desperate.

You can also call these helplines for advice if you’re worried about someone else.

In the UK and Ireland, call the Samaritans on 116123.
In the US, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline ion 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, call the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, call Lifeline on 131114.
In New Zealand, call Need to Talk on 1737 or 080017371737.
For other countries please visit this list of crisis helplines.

Useful information

The Forum's page on getting help may also be useful to you. Here is a link to it Mental Health Forum - Getting Help

Here is a link to an article on Suicidal Crisis written by one of the Admin team which you may find helpful Suicidal Crisis

Emergency help

If you are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111 or call the international emergency number of 112).

Please do seek help as soon as possible.

B

Bod

Former member
hi im shdeap,

i came here to meet people with similar problems because some stuff i just cant explain to my therapist. ive been self harming a lot more recently and i just want it to stop. i cant stop because everything is getting worse.

soon im getting new medication to ease my mind, ive told myself if the medication doesnt work ill end my life.

any tips on how to feel okay?

Welcome to the forum, I can relate to your self harming as 20 years ago I stopped hurting my self as it did nothing for me at all so I had therapy and for me it helped me to work through my mental health issues

Jolly

Jolly

Welcome 🙏 I agree with bod please try therapy or meditation just to calm your body down and feel relaxed. Thinking of you