• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

New Here Today

Q

QueenFan

Hello, wanted to introduce myself.
I'm in my 50s, still keeping busy with work and study but feeling increasingly lonely in the run up to the holidays.
Not quite ready to date with the pandemic and feeling down...I learned to manage anxiety disorder after a severe flood here and a few more disasters...and I know I need to reach out more to stay well, but I tend to withdraw.
My therapist is coming for an appointment Thursday. He's great.
My only family here is my son and he is lovely but always dabbling in drugs and working ( ie unavailable! but also I worry about the drugs use...yet know it's his life )
Life is never simple : )
Looking forward to connecting with others who understand stuff like all this.

K

Keesha

Hi Queensfan,
Welcome to the forum.
Life is never simple.

Missypoo1969

Missypoo1969

Hi! I just joined a few days ago. I’m from Texas as well😊. I am also alone. I moved away but my family is still there. I will move soon because it’s too expensive to live here In oregon. I understand the anxiety I have it and am trying to get the right meds for my depression what I have isn’t working at all. Welcome to you and im here if you need me. 😊

T

Tombomb

Missy nice too meet I think I would love Oregon!!

T

Tombomb

My best friend from Texas he loved lake fort

Missypoo1969

Missypoo1969

Oregon is sooo beautiful. It rains all winter and the sun shines all summer which is strange to me.
your best friend loved Lake Fort Worth? or maybe he was from ft worth? I lived in that area for a long time. I miss it. Ive been here a couple of years in Oregon but its super expensive. Love it tho. People here are so laid back

Q

QueenFan

I'm in Houston and know maybe a thousand people here...yet still feel lonely often!

🤠There's a lot of lakes in Texas @Tombomb and a place called Tomball where they boast that oil refining began

Missypoo1969

Missypoo1969

I knew you were in Houston. Bless your heart all of the flooding there. I hope it’s improved that was just awful. I know the lonely feeling. It doesn’t matter how many people you know when you feel like you do.

Q

QueenFan

I keep busy and stay positive oh and I have a lovely little dog too ( I see your dogs pic ) Very special companion with a story! We had an ice storm this year- climate change is changing our issues it seems, lot of damage in Feb from the cold and our homes not prepared for it ( or the energy grid ) but not a single flood 😃

Missypoo1969

Missypoo1969

Yes I remember my daddy saying he had to sleep in front of his fireplace it was so scary!

Q

QueenFan

It was weird. 😆 During Harvey water came pouring through my ceiling...over that and fast forward to 2021 and the water sprinkler system in my apartment burst when it defrosted and..came pouring through the ceiling!
But you know how people are here, we're so used to emergency coping, I'm sure we're doing better than most places. Resilience develops where people don't go under...and we have a really good emergency survival network.
My neighbors were lovely at that time ( they had to move because of the damage to their place 😥 ) and my son came over ever day- he was there when the water came through the ceiling and cleaned up the mess. Fortunately it happened when maintenance staff were close by.

Missypoo1969

Missypoo1969

Oh my goodness what a hot mess! Yes the tough resilience is there I know. You’re lucky to have your son so close to you.

fragrant_violet

fragrant_violet

Missy nice too meet I think I would love Oregon!!
I did a month at University of Oregon in Eugene. Nice folk, healthy outdoor granola culture, nice scenery, great microbeer. Loved it