• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

new here; saying hi

benkenobi

benkenobi

hi, been hanging around for a while, decided i should say hello.

erm, recently diagnosed w/ major D + psychosis (phew, sounds bad just writing it...), been out of work for two or three months due to this (still waiting to here back from a couple of potential employers) and nearly abandoned degree, friends, relatives, all of it; on a couple of occasions too. Don't think thats the last diagnosis i'll here either, pretty sure i've been manic on at least one occasion...but self diag is a bad idea from what i here so..

found the NHS to be pretty poor on mental health going on my experience (judgemental, disbelieving), of the six or seven times i've been to my GP i've been prescribed platitudes, patronised and generally fobbed off at least five of those times. While i understand the limited resources available to the NHS I feel i've done my part (and more) concerning my ment health :mad:

anyway, hi again, comforting to know there are people out there who understand this kind of thing, hope i can give something back and post a few more times

Last edited:
j_lol

j_lol

Founding Member
Hello. Love the user name, can you feel the force? :)

Welcome :hug:

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi Benkenobi, welcome to the forum :welcome:. Sorry about how you've found the NHS - but as you look around you'll find an amazing number of people who have had similar experiences. Hope that you are getting better support now!
Do keep posting and enjoy the support available here.

yakuza

yakuza

Founding Member
Welcome to the Forum Ben,I hope you find lot's of support here.

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Hi Ben and :welcome: to MHF, you will find lots of friendly support here :)

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
hi, been hanging around for a while, decided i should say hello.

erm, recently diagnosed w/ major D + psychosis (phew, sounds bad just writing it...), been out of work for two or three months due to this (still waiting to here back from a couple of potential employers) and nearly abandoned degree, friends, relatives, all of it; on a couple of occasions too. Don't think thats the last diagnosis i'll here either, pretty sure i've been manic on at least one occasion...but self diag is a bad idea from what i here so..

found the NHS to be pretty poor on mental health going on my experience (judgemental, disbelieving), of the six or seven times i've been to my GP i've been prescribed platitudes, patronised and generally fobbed off at least five of those times. While i understand the limited resources available to the NHS I feel i've done my part (and more) concerning my ment health :mad:

anyway, hi again, comforting to know there are people out there who understand this kind of thing, hope i can give something back and post a few more times
Hello and :welcome: to MHF :)
Hope you find " us " supporting . One thing for sure " we " are never judgemental .
:tea:

D

Dollit

Hi Ben and welcome to the forum. Just join in where you feel comfortable and you'll soon get into to the swing of things. This is a special place and I would have been at a loss if it hadn't been for some of the people these past few days.

benkenobi

benkenobi

Thanks for the welcome everyone

and, yes, I am a little bit of a SW fan (this is one of the few times I allow the inner geek to come to the fore :p)

Darth Vader: "Obi-wan is here. The Force is with him."

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KnownAsILKO Introduce Yourself 3
hahewe88 Introduce Yourself 3
L Introduce Yourself 3
J Introduce Yourself 5
I Introduce Yourself 8