• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

New here, need to talk to someone

M

Mikeyboyz85

Good evening, is anyone else having depression issues or anxiety that somtimes you think you’ve got Rid off, however it then comes back out of nowhere? I sometimes feel like I’m lost or can’t focus and day dream ( sometimes when driving ) I haven’t slept properly for months, I have about 2 hours if I am lucky!! I feel like I just want to scream at the top of my lungs and need some guidance ?

T

treasurebox

Music therapy helps me. I listen to good, uplifting and encouraging music on youtube. Listening to good music can make you think and feel better. Listen to it daily or as you need to.

Also, do what you love to do or do what you are good at. Is it cooking, baking, gardening, arts and crafts, writing and many others. It will make you happy and fulfilled.

B

blue spark

Good evening, is anyone else having depression issues or anxiety that somtimes you think you’ve got Rid off, however it then comes back out of nowhere? I sometimes feel like I’m lost or can’t focus and day dream ( sometimes when driving ) I haven’t slept properly for months, I have about 2 hours if I am lucky!! I feel like I just want to scream at the top of my lungs and need some guidance ?
Yeh mr,me,Only mine never goes away.Been like this sinse being a 4 yesar old kid,I blame my dad,but not only him.Theires another adult male i blame,he made my life a misery from me being 7-11 years old.When i was eleven,i knocked on his door.Soon as he opened it,i punched him as hard as i could on his big fat child molesting nose.Thats the time my balls dropped i think,i told him touch me again and i'll kill you.I meant it,after that i thought a lot about killing him with an hammer.Theres not a day goes by when i dont think about that bastard.He'll be 73 now if he's still alive,i hope i dont see him,If i did,i don't know what i'll do to him.So sorry for the rant,just took some meds,i'm not sleeping again.Welcome to the house of fun.

B

blue spark

Music therapy helps me. I listen to good, uplifting and encouraging music on youtube. Listening to good music can make you think and feel better. Listen to it daily or as you need to.

Also, do what you love to do or do what you are good at. Is it cooking, baking, gardening, arts and crafts, writing and many others. It will make you happy and fulfilled.
I cook,used to go fishing,bought an airbrush painting kit off ebay,everything i need for airbrush art.I'm just not feeling it,music helps though.

J

JCPraha

Two hours sleep is very little. It must be very difficult to continue living each day with such little sleep. Do you get any type of treatment? I take some antidepressants that calm me down and make it easier to sleep. I have had the same issue in the past, depression and anxiety go away, then they return at a later date, so I suppose they never really go away completely.

S

Sally89

I know what you mean . I have my hood days and then I have my bad days . Does anything trigger it

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hi Mikey and welcome to the forums. I would definitely seek out medical help for your insomnia/problems sleeping as lack of sleep can lead to other symptoms of poor mental health, including depression. It turns into a viscous cycle that goes around and around. When I have had problems sleeping in the past a prescription sleeping aid has helped. More recently I have started using relaxation music on YouTube that has done the trick in helping me drift off to sleep.
I know how frustrating lack of sleep can be. I hope you will find a way to get medical attention for it soon. Here is a link to some of the music I listen to:

P

Prycejosh1987

Screaming can be good for major stress relief although, there is no where you can privately do that. Find a coping method that takes your mind off things. Take things one step at a time.

M

Mikeyboyz85

Thank you for all your input and advise :) I have bought some Kalms, I am hoping these are going to help to relax me so I can try and get some more sleep! I was on tablets but had taking them.. I wish I knew what caused it, as people keep saying there must be something or a reason for me to feel this way! I hope that you are all ok and are having a good day