New here.... Medications!

Madison1994

Madison1994

Hello I’m Madison and I have BPD and I’ve been taking abilify 5mg at night and I feel like it’s not doing what I want like I still feel like I need to run a marathon and it’s insane, not just that I also have racing thoughts again and I just need a right medication! Anyone have suggestions.... I’ve been on so many and I’ve only been on the abilify for 3 days, so should I wait longer to see if things change?!

M

missme

I've never had experience with that medication. Maybe someone else can help you, but I know when I've been put on medication before, they have said it can take up to six weeks to work. I guess it depends on the type of medication..... I'm certain someone else can be more specific. Take care

Madison1994

Madison1994

Thank you, yeah I was told to wait as well.... I mean I literally just got off topamax and Paxil and I wasn’t eating and was losing so much weight now I’m eating like a cow which isn’t bad because I’m skinny and would like more weight on me... but minus the fact I just need my thoughts to slow down... I’m constantly asking my boyfriend if he loves me all day and it’s so tiring but my mind tells me I have to do it 😑

M

missme

I remember those days, I found the anti psychotic settled that down. Have you also thought about magnesium? I find taking magnesium supplements really helpful, but you would always need to check with your doctor just in case there are any contraindications with the meds you are currently on

Madison1994

Madison1994

I never would have thought magnesium would help that, that’s amazing! Wow! Great, I definitely will look into that... being only 24 I’m hoping to get this down and handled soon it’s been a long tiring journey.

M

missme

I take a supplement which is deep sleep magnesium it really helps me sleep better and you can look up the health benefits of magnesium online, even helps to alleviate anxiety and depression

Madison1994

Madison1994

Wow okay that’s interesting I’m going to purchase that and see if it works! Honestly sounds like a great idea! Thank you so much for the commentary!

G

Girl interupted

Make sure you get the glycate version of magnesium or you’ll be in the bathroom all day (the other types are used as laxatives).

I tried it for sleep, my pharmacist suggested it, it unfortunately did not work for me.

M

missme

Yes I suppose, we can all suggest things, but we are all very different, so it may or may not work. I hope that each person can find their own answer in their journey which is very unique for them.

R

Rcfisher

It may take several weeks before you get the full benefit of this drug. Use this medication regularly to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, take it at the same time each day.
It is important to continue taking this medication even if you feel well. Do not stop taking this medication without consulting your doctor. Some conditions may become worse when this drug is suddenly stopped. Your dose may need to be gradually decreased.

Madison1994

Madison1994

Thank you so much I definitely will be waiting several weeks to see if this medication will be a benefit for me or not!

Madison1994

Madison1994

Yes I suppose, we can all suggest things, but we are all very different, so it may or may not work. I hope that each person can find their own answer in their journey which is very unique for them.
Yeah absolutely!
Make sure you get the glycate version of magnesium or you’ll be in the bathroom all day (the other types are used as laxatives).

I tried it for sleep, my pharmacist suggested it, it unfortunately did not work for me.
i agree I will be looking into that magnesium medication