• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

New here- Depression

L

Lucy87x

Hi,

My name is Lucy Im 34 and I suffer with anxiety and depression. I have done for as long as I remember since I was bullied in my teens. I have a good life externally I have a home, good husband, friends and I have a Job but I have also had alot of heartache that I find it difficult to get over . I have been badly bullied for many years when I was younger and My mum has died of Cancer. I have recently increased my 20mg citalopram to 30mg and I have recently veen sacked from.my dream job after 6 weeks. Luckily I have been able to go back to my old job. Its affexted my confidence though alot.

I used to drink quite a bit so Inhave given that up snd also used to gambled quite a bit and Inhave also given thay up. Im overweight so I have joined slimming club so I thought I would come on here and tackle my mental health. I often feel low and have suicidal thoughts and find it hard to motivate myself and get out of bed.

Im just on here as want to reach out for help and also support others in similar situation as me x

Bod

Bod

Hello Lucy87x, welcome to the forum I'm sure you will find it very helpful here as everyone is so caring. I am sorry you were bullied and can relate to that plus the depression and anxiety.

historygirl21

historygirl21

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi, welcome and i am sure you will find plenty of support. Its a great forum and people are very supportive. Sorry to hear you were bullied and your experience in your dream job didnt work out. Stay safe ...

Lexara

Lexara

Hi Lucy, I'm glad you found your way to the forum and I hope you will find lots of help and support.:welcome:
I'm here because of Depression and Anxiety as well and on bad days connecting to people who understand and just knowing to not be the only one feeling like that makes a huge difference!

And I'm proud of you for giving up drinking and gambling!(y)(y)

L

Lucy87x

Hi Everyone,

Thankyou for making me feel welcome as, as im sure you all know its nerve-wracking reaching out but also so important x

L

LouieLou

Welcome I'm in Gwynedd and have recently had a relapse after the years remission from GAD postnatal depression. Hope your getting additional support. I' may have found the AD that works as last ight prescribed 30mg mirtzapine and felt almost normal today long it continues x feel free to pm me currently off work since June due to work related stress induced depression. Hope to be discharged soon from home treatment as scared of raking ADs as they haven't ever agreed with me but more for psychological support. Onwards and upwards although it might seem far away tomorrow and the future has yet to arrive. Just take one day at a time and be as kind to yourself as you would a friend or child