• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

New here. D.O.B day

R

Rottinginpain

Ok well I'm not here, have posted in a few of the forums because I have a lot of issues caused by my depression and bpd. Anyway recently for about a week I've woken up and it's the exact date of my birthday. So everyday I wake up I've been reborn. I tried to explain this to someone cos it's confusing me and pretty annoying. They said it's impossible and said to take more of my anti psych. This isn't just a psychotic thing it's really happening to me. I wasn't sure at first if we all woke up to my date of birth or if individuals wake up to their date of birth daily but it appears it's neither. I mean there must be others out there? Please tell me there are others being reborn daily. People just say I'm ill when it's just not the case. They are the ones being delusional.

Gajolene

Gajolene

If you have a birth certificate you can use it to verify your actual birth date, with the date of the day you wake up. When your ill your mind can play tricks on you and make you believe many irrational things. I would not take "more" of your anti psych, just take what the doctors have prescibed you and take it on time as it was prescribed. These medications are not like taking a tylenol or an aspirin, you DON"T just take them whenever you feel like it. They are specifically designed to help balance chemicals which are altering your thinking and to get you back to feeling well mentally. It is VERY important to follow what the doctors prescribed for you and not mix it with selfmedicating with booze or other street drugs. That would cause your medication not to work correctly. How long have you been diagnosed with your mental illness and may I ask what your diagnoses is. May be able to help more if we know. BPD as bipolar disorder or borderline personality disorder?

R

Rottinginpain

Borderline personality and depression. I have been psychotic in the past and know when I am being psychotic and when I'm not. I'm on chlorpromazine 50mg four times a day but the psycharist said I just take the depending on how I'm feeling so I often only take 2 of the 4 doses. Thanks for replying.

Gajolene

Gajolene

People who care but don't understand can tell you all kinds of bad advice which can be really more harmfull than helpfull. It is possible though that you are experiencing some things that you can't see for yourself that they can. Do you have a family member supporting you that you can trust to be an advocate for you if you do go back into psychosis? I have two sons who experience psychosis. I have to speak for them many times, with friends, with professionals and such. Have you had this diagnosis long?. I ask because diagnoses' can change as they develop in your youth and medications do go through changes as well as conditions develop and change. Just trying to understand more so I can help better.
Welcome to the forum btw. Think you can find a lot of people who can relate with what your going through here and will make some good friends as well.

R

Rottinginpain

I've had that diagnosis since I was 18 I'm now 25. I've been through many Meds changes. I was in hospital in April 2014 and that's when my last med change happened. Although I have just started a new extra med a mood stabilser.