• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

New here.. Couple question s

S

Squirt16

Hello..

I have a question and wonder if other people have experienced this.

The voices I hear are people I know, or people around me, etc... and I guess in times of fear but sometimes they seem to come back afterwards like when I'm falling aerp or something.
They come out when I'm thinking about certain things... Guess maybe I feel guilty.

But it feels like the person who's voice it is, can sense me or whatever.. (like they know where I am mentally)... Is this thought broadcasting?

I've been diagnosed as having psychosis a couple times. Once during incarceration and another time when using drugs...

And usually I do t hear unless I am using but that's not always the case. I know... If I'm not using, everything is more manageable.

My question is though, has anyone else
experienced voices of people they know?
Or anything like this..

Thanks.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
My voice used to pretend it was people I knew but also things like God and other grandiose beings, but I think I figured 'him' out.

S

Squirt16

My voice used to pretend it was people I knew but also things like God and other grandiose beings, but I think I figured 'him' out.
Whet do you mean by figuring him out.. Curious

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Well, 'he' knew what I was thinking and could see what I see and even knew my dreams so I think he's a living part of me.

I read a book that believes he exists in the right hemisphere of my brain and I exist in the left hemisphere. So we're like twin brothers who happen to share a body. I'm the driver of the body and he's just a passenger along for the ride.

EdEd

EdEd

Hello..

I have a question and wonder if other people have experienced this.

The voices I hear are people I know, or people around me, etc... and I guess in times of fear but sometimes they seem to come back afterwards like when I'm falling aerp or something.
They come out when I'm thinking about certain things... Guess maybe I feel guilty.

But it feels like the person who's voice it is, can sense me or whatever.. (like they know where I am mentally)... Is this thought broadcasting?

I've been diagnosed as having psychosis a couple times. Once during incarceration and another time when using drugs...

And usually I do t hear unless I am using but that's not always the case. I know... If I'm not using, everything is more manageable.

My question is though, has anyone else
experienced voices of people they know?
Or anything like this..

Thanks.
Without using the voices are way more manageable.. I couldnt agree with you more.