• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

New here, BPD and PTSD, trying to stop meds.

• Thread starter borderlinepandabear
  • Start date
B

borderlinepandabear

I have been super successful with my medication combo for the last 3 years and I am ready to come off the meds and find a more natural approach, as I absolutely hate pumping my body full of medications and not knowing the long-term damage that I am causing. I have been weening slowly but I am still experiencing the "withdrawal syndrome" and it SUCKS. I have been using CBD oil and vape juice along with some HUM vitamin supplements and I feel so depressed and alone. I don't enjoy anything and all I want to do is sleep. My partner (whom I am normally obsessed with and love more than anything) is seriously on all of my nerves and my frustrations are showing. I plan to try more exercise and yoga this week to see if it makes any difference but I am starting to think that I will always need the meds to be "happy and normal", which just makes me all the more depressed about this whole thing. Has anyone else found a natural way to deal with BPD symptoms and depression? What worked for you? I am doomed to be on stupid medication forever? Someone tell me anything.

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hello and welcome to the forum. I take an antidepressant and could never not take it. I am sorry as I know that is not what you wanted to hear.

Z

Zaz

ACCOUNT CLOSED
All I know is when I'm on my own I don't go crazy but as soon as I'm around other people everything falls apart. So my solution.. be a hermit lol 🙂

B

borderlinepandabear

Hello and welcome to the forum. I take an antidepressant and could never not take it. I am sorry as I know that is not what you wanted to hear.
I broke down and took the meds this morning. I admitted defeat and just moved on with my day. I can't keep feeling so terrible 😢

bpd2020

bpd2020

I can understand you do not wish to take medication. I believe bpd really benefits from an antidepressant as we get very low. I see it as no different to taking medication for a physical illness.

Z

Zaz

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dont know my psychiatrist said there is no medication which can help BPD...and taking antidepressants can be very numbing emotionally.

N

Nukelavee

I have been weening slowly but I am still experiencing the "withdrawal syndrome" and it SUCKS. I have been using CBD oil and vape juice along with some HUM vitamin supplements and I feel so depressed and alone. I don't enjoy anything and all I want to do is sleep.
Part of it is simple withdrawl, part of it is, well, that you likely need the meds to not feel like this.

It's pretty common for people on long term meds, for any reason, to think reaching a stable point means cured. It generally doesn't, it simply means the meds are working.

Being on meds isn't a failure, or weakness, any more than insulin means somebody failed. Or anti-rejection drugs.

It's great that you are looking at other methods, but consider those aids to the medication.

Everyone is different, but, my experience is that if the meds make my life better, why risk things by going off.

Also - I'm not that certain that CBD is that usefull.