New here. Anxiety, cant eat

L

Leahhere90

hello, I’m off work suffering with anxiety at the moment. My problem is that I can’t eat properly as I feel too sick my appetite is zero. I usually love my food so this is hard for me. I’ve started medication again so hoping this will bring my appetite back soon as it did last time.
Anyone else having this problem? My energy is so low because of not eating

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
hi welcome to the forum
I was wondering if you were getting any support with this x
it is so so important you try and eat something
maybe some crackers? anything to start with and try and build back up gradually
please eat something I am sure you will feel better for it
love Lu xxxx

L

Leahhere90

hi welcome to the forum
I was wondering if you were getting any support with this x
it is so so important you try and eat something
maybe some crackers? anything to start with and try and build back up gradually
please eat something I am sure you will feel better for it
love Lu xxxx
Thank you. I’ve had toast for breakfast and I’m going to try a jacket potato for lunch. I am forcing myself to eat little bits my problem is I feel anxious because my appetite is not there. It’s a vicious circle :(

Muddleduck

Muddleduck

I'm sorry life is so hard at the moment. It will get easier. Don't go back until you are ready.

I have been through the same as you with eating and appetite. I found yoghurt, fruit, yoghurt drinks, smoothies, soups, were ok to eat. Anything i could grab from the fridge also, like tomatoes, parma ham, olives, cucumber, pickled onion and chunks of cheese, all were easier once i started to feel a bit better.

I found i could prepare salad easier in the evenings, and so would do this all in prepapration for the next day. Figure out your better time of day, and do everything then. One small thing, like cleaning the floor. But focus on washing and eating initially, and washing up.

Cup a soups might be good also. Cereal, i like the really nice granola and chocolate ones. Anything you love. Brioche maybe. Making your own smoothies are great though.

L

Leahhere90

I'm sorry life is so hard at the moment. It will get easier. Don't go back until you are ready.

I have been through the same as you with eating and appetite. I found yoghurt, fruit, yoghurt drinks, smoothies, soups, were ok to eat. Anything i could grab from the fridge also, like tomatoes, parma ham, olives, cucumber, pickled onion and chunks of cheese, all were easier once i started to feel a bit better.

I found i could prepare salad easier in the evenings, and so would do this all in prepapration for the next day. Figure out your better time of day, and do everything then. One small thing, like cleaning the floor. But focus on washing and eating initially, and washing up.

Cup a soups might be good also. Cereal, i like the really nice granola and chocolate ones. Anything you love. Brioche maybe. Making your own smoothies are great though.
Really good advice thank you. There are parts of the day where I feel better than others like now. I have just put the washing machine on and got dressed. Small steps hey

Muddleduck

Muddleduck

Very satisfying to do the washing isn't it. The smell is so nice too.

E

EstherRose94

I’ve been in that cycle too and I would sip on ensure shakes and smoothies. I liked soup and hard boiled eggs too.

Sometimes my appetite would come back at night and I’d be ravenous and raid the kitchen.

My meds helped and after coming back with a vengeance my appetite is pretty normal now.

Also let yourself have whatever sounds good even if it’s “junk food”. Any food is good for you if you’re having trouble wanting to eat.

E

EstherRose94

And I used to love food also it was so weird. I always was trying to diet and all of a sudden I was trying to gain weight back. It was all in all a humbling experience like you really learn that thin does not equal healthy.

I’m back to loving food again but my appetite is kinda healthier than it originally was so I’m at a healthy weight again but I’m thinner than before which I guess was a little perk I’m glad I got to keep haha. Sometimes we have to make light of the situation to feel better I hope you don’t mind me joking a bit 🥰

L

Leahhere90

And I used to love food also it was so weird. I always was trying to diet and all of a sudden I was trying to gain weight back. It was all in all a humbling experience like you really learn that thin does not equal healthy.

I’m back to loving food again but my appetite is kinda healthier than it originally was so I’m at a healthy weight again but I’m thinner than before which I guess was a little perk I’m glad I got to keep haha. Sometimes we have to make light of the situation to feel better I hope you don’t mind me joking a bit 🥰
No not at all :) totally agree that thin doesn’t mean happy. I’m always at my happiest when I’ve got a bit more weight on me. I’m anxious that il loose too much while I’m ill.

E

EstherRose94

I think it’s easier to gain weight than lose it like it happens faster so even if you do a little you can bounce back 🥰