New here and worried

T

temrolis

I was diagnosed with deeper and anxiety feeling of doom for no reason. I am currently unmedicated due to no family doctor. The worse is I know with the thoughts going through my head that I should be however I do not want to be walking through a fog and loading myself. I have not self harmed as I do not want to die but I know that the pain would stop and it would be really easy, there seems to be less and less to stay around for, I have lost two jobs do to not being able to get into work. I spend most of my time locked away with just my dog. I panic when I have to call in, I have reached out to my place of employment but there is nothing they can really do I was offered an LOA however that will just make matters worse of affording to live. Am I just stupid to not try and go the medication route is their something else I can do or is this something that I will have to deal with for the rest of my life and their is no hope. I am hoping to connect with people that are going through the same thing or have and can steer me to what I should do because I just feel so lost and alone

KeenOldCadaver

KeenOldCadaver

Hi there, I'm new here too. I mean, I just made my account like five minutes ago. I was (and still am) going to post in the introduction section, but then I thought maybe I'd have a look around first.

So, I don't think you're stupid for not wanting to go the medication route. Honestly, a lot of those medications can be more harmful than good. Curse you, big pharma! However, sometimes they're about the only option. Still, sometimes we can't afford them because of a lack of insurance or maybe a stubborn doctor.

In that case, I would recommend meditation. Sit or lie in a comfortable place (without falling asleep :p), practice slow and controlled breathing, and just try to clear your mind of all of the thoughts that are driving you to this state. While you're meditating, focus on your breath--slowly count to 4 during the inhale and 6 on the exhale, or adjust to whatever is comfortable. Don't worry about anything else for say...5 or 10 minutes. Just listen to your breathing and relax.

Something else you could try is exercise. Exercise relieves some anxiety because you're spending energy on things other than your anxiety--if that makes sense.

Another thing might be some supplements? I don't know if they have supplements that help with anxiety, but something like melatonin might be benficial. Don't just take melatonin--make sure you research what might help, and then go from there.

Finally, if I'd had luck with distracting myself in the past, it's been with video games. If you can, sit and try to get engrossed in a game. It doesn't have to be anything spectacular, try a mobile game or go and buy an old handheld console like a DS or PSP and try out a few games. They can be distracting and wonderfully enchanting. They took my mind off of a lot of things over the years.

I'm no doctor, nor am I a life trainer or anything, but those are my two cents. I hope you find the answers you're looking for soon!

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

hello welcome to the forum x
im sorry you feel lost and alone ,this place is a great help to me and i hope you find it to be for you too x

you say you have no doctor ,im not sure of your situation but is there a free clinic you could go to?

you are very welcome here ,lots of love
fairy Lu xx