• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

New here and these are my hobbies

A

Annie 1234

Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum. My mum and I found this forum. I have MDD, GAD, Autism, anger issues and I self-harm. My hobbies are: reading (online and offline), writing songs and stories, reading fan fictions (online) and creating art. I also like: photography, making home made movies, going for walks, exercising a LOT at home (including doing at home boxing), eating healthy foods & drinks, going to the beach, and watching children's shows (sometimes shows for pre-schoolers) on TV. I like to exercise with Mum. I also like dancing like a monkey and eeeing like a monkey at times. I am an animal lover. I try to control my urges to self harm and get angry but it is hard to do so. Most of my depression/anxiety I get comes from Covid 19, news, and emotional woes (I have no offline friends).

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

@MonderUnicorn1, welcome, if that's a picture of you as your avatar I would change it. We're not supposed to post anything that might identify us for the sake of privacy.

Your hobbies make you sound interesting, both my close friend and my ex GFs son have autistic spectrum disorders, I have some great conversations with them about our hobbies.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

hi and welcome x you have some really interesting hobbys ,i am an animal lover too
do you have any pets? xxx

OCDguy

OCDguy

Hi there, welcome to the Forum :) I notice you have a interest in fitness etc. you also mentioned boxing at home and having no offline friends... Thing is to be effective in techniques often requires pressure testing against numerous people with different styles. Have you ever considered taking up Mixed Martial Arts? It incorporates boxing techniques and also effective grappling techniques/strategies with light sparring where techniques can be learnt and tested without risk of injury allowing someone to develop and build upon their skill levels to become proficient and confident in their abilities, which often extend to other areas of someone's life too. It develops a mind-set, a positive attitude when tackling challenges. It's also a great way of forming lasting friendships in a nurturing environment... Just a thought... This Forum is also a great way of connecting with positive, mature people. Through sharing opinions, experiences etc. someone can draw their own conclusions and form all manner of strategies etc. which work for them. It's also a great way to learn a lot about ourselves too... Hope this helps. :)

Bod

Bod

Welcome to the forum, I hope you can settle here as everyone is so helpful and very caring to each other.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello MonderUnicorn1, welcome to the forum.

A

Annie 1234

Hi Lone Wanderer,
I have very interesting hobbies. I wish I could talk with them.

A

Annie 1234

Hi Fairy Lucretia
I wish I had pets but I live in a place where u can't have them.
If I did have to choose what pet I would have, it would be a dog. I also like cats and I LOVE horses!

A

Annie 1234

Hi OCDguy,
That's good advice.
It is very hard to stay positive and want to interactive with lots of other people cause I am Autistic, have depression, anxiety issues, anger issues and I self-harm.

OCDguy

OCDguy

Hi OCDguy,
That's good advice.
It is very hard to stay positive and want to interactive with lots of other people cause I am Autistic, have depression, anxiety issues, anger issues and I self-harm.
You do sound like you have a lot on your plate/a lot to deal with. Don't go letting these labels restrict you though, they don't define you as a person. A lot can be achieved through the quality input of mature trusted people and you are welcome and amongst friends here. :)