• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

New here and need some advice

R

Ryanboi

Erm well hi I'm totally new here but I honestly don't have anyone else to talk to about this so here goes sorry for the long rant lol I have anxiety disorder had it since 2008 had some pretty big things happen like my father passing away that started it but it's a lot a lot better untill my moms new bf came along now it's why I wanted some advice as I dunno if its just my anxiety or not but I just can't stand him ive never hated a man so much he is nasty to me he takes drugs and gets paranoid and takes it out on me he questions everything I do he has tried to attack me twice and because of all this which only happen within just short of a year I now have panic attacks when ever he drinks which is when he normally starts because Its happen every weekend I get myself worked up waiting for it I know people going to say speak to your mom but I've tried and she just says in being petty or she just says nothing to him he is even that nasty he kicked my dog for no reason and I saw it but he makes out I'm lieing an I just dunno what to do as its never ending and he is making my anxiety so bad I've walked out so many times just get away from. Him so any advice

Kerome

Kerome

Hi Ryanboi and :welcome:

Thats a difficult situation! What you can do really depends on how old you are. Moving out of the house would be one solution, if you are ready for that. Or if you are a bit younger you could try contacting child protective services, who might be willing to drop by and lend a bit of weight to the situation. Even just mentioning that to your parents might lead them to take you more seriously, that might be worth trying.

Make sure you don't get too anxious over this, in the long term it's not that big a deal. Think of it as an opportunity to develop a thicker skin. Much worse things can happen than someone being mean to you. And anyway he is just one random guy, not worth getting worked up over.

Maybe other people have other solutions.... Good luck! :)

In the Clouds

In the Clouds

I agree with a lot of what Kerome said.

However I will say that having been in a very similar position I'd feel like saying to your parents about contacting child protective services may have the opposite affect and make things worse if they don't take you seriously. You know your parents. :)

My mum died when I was young and I hated my then step mum. She was very similar to your mum's boyfriend except for the drink. Is there another family member you can tell? I was told my dad would never believe me so I didn't tell anyone, however if I had I know things would have been resolved much, much sooner. Luckily for me, they got divorced.

While he is just one person, I know how difficult it is. I hated my life and she put me down so much that I'm still insecure over things she insulted me about.

I definitely recommend talking to someone, a family member or someone professional, if you can. :)

R

Ryanboi

Thanks for replying well I wish I could move out but money wise I can't and he acts nice with everyone else but me so talking someone else in my family don't work I've tried just letting it go and being nice to him but don't matter what I do it's always my fault I'm at a loss on how handle this now

In the Clouds

In the Clouds

Is counselling not an option?