• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

new here and looking to talk

P

pennerak

Hi everybody, Im just a newbie to this forum and am still trying to figure stuff out.

Ive recently been diagnosed with BPD and its making total sense of my entire life. Ive been reading Sometimes I Act Crazy, and feel like it was written for me. Does anyone have any good suggestions on other resources?

I also seem to have a hard time making friends and this leads to times where I feel like I have no one to talk to so Im looking to see if anyone can relate and talk about some resolutions to almost every symptom I have under the borderline definition.

Thanks in advance,

Amanda

Monroe1980

Monroe1980

:welcome: to the forum Pennerak.

Only came here recently myself and it makes a big difference. Nobody wears any masks here, that's for sure. Hope you get something out of it..

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
:hi: amanda and welcome to the forum.
It is a fantastic and supportive place to be.

I too was diagnosed with BPD a year and a half ago.
To answer your question, it depends what other symptoms you may have.
I have 'co-dependant no more' by melodie beatie and 'self compassion' by gloria steinem' as well as NA and AA books as i am in active recovery from drug and alcohol misuse.

Lovely to have you here. :)

R

ricko4

im bpd and at the moment im lost dont see any point to anything no future and when itry to have a minute and think its just blank im on the defensive straight away looking for somebody to say something i dont like then my perspective changes to whoever said that something i bad i was looking for i have 1 friend only and thats the way its got to be for me i was diagnosed bpd in november but my gp thinks the diagnosis is wrong so hes refered me for a 2nd opinion so fuck knows it all went wrong for me in june i had what i think now was a breakdown i had bills coming out of my ears i had made a lot of commitments i.e stagnights weddings social events then the day come i couldnt take anymore i had done 17 years 60-70 hours per week work never missed days faced tough situations but i just couldnt put a front on anymore i stayed in bed for 3 days then my family managed to get me to a gp and ever since then i only describe my life as me a paper bag blowing around in storm forcewinds what happened to me ?

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

It sounds as though you had far too much to deal with and snapped. Sorry that you're still having a bad time and struggling. Life isn't always easy, I know.

Did your GP not tell you why he thought the BPD diagnosis was wrong, or what he thought the diagnosis should be? I hope you have more luck with your referral for a second opinion.

R

ricko4

It sounds as though you had far too much to deal with and snapped. Sorry that you're still having a bad time and struggling. Life isn't always easy, I know.

Did your GP not tell you why he thought the BPD diagnosis was wrong, or what he thought the diagnosis should be? I hope you have more luck with your referral for a second opinion.
yes he thought i was bipolar he couldnt see how i could have held a job down for so long if i had bpd because of the nature of my work and work banter that went with my job

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

yes he thought i was bipolar he couldnt see how i could have held a job down for so long if i had bpd because of the nature of my work and work banter that went with my job
Do you agree with him on the bipolar diagnosis? It sounds as though he knows what he's doing and is at least acting on his doubts, which is good. I hear of so many who have GPs who don't seem to care.

R

ricko4

i dont know to be honest i dont no whats real my gp thinks my job covered over the bipolar see i went through a stage in august last year where i went partying taking drugs gambling heavy but i put that down to losing my driving licence in july for admiting on a dvla medical form to smoking weed regulary so they revoked it thats when i went crazy hyper hardly any sleep and working hard and playing hard probably to stop me thinking ill be honest now and say theres something wrong with me but on the other hand i jsut dont konw im lost

R

ricko4

purple chaos

thanksfor the chat purple chaos i appreciate somebody taking an intrest in my illness and listening to me thank you

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hey, no worries. I enjoy a chat every now and then :) I suppose we're all suffering in one way or another.

I can see where your doctor's coming from with the bipolar, particularly with the lack of sleep and all go. I hope that, whatever your diagnosis, you get the help you need. It's not nice knowing something's wrong but not knowing what. Hell, it's not nice just knowing somethings wrong.

Do you have a good support network at home? People you can talk to about your problems?

R

ricko4

Hey, no worries. I enjoy a chat every now and then :) I suppose we're all suffering in one way or another.

I can see where your doctor's coming from with the bipolar, particularly with the lack of sleep and all go. I hope that, whatever your diagnosis, you get the help you need. It's not nice knowing something's wrong but not knowing what. Hell, it's not nice just knowing somethings wrong.

Do you have a good support network at home? People you can talk to about your problems?
yes i have my girlfriend she is my rock been with me 18 years when we talk about our past we always agree on 1 thing if i hadnt met her i would either be in jail now or dead she keepsme on the straight and narrow but still sometimes i get the urge to party and i just cant stop it something takes over me abusing alcohol and drugs but then i come to me senses and hate the fact that i did it

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

That's good to hear. Having that support can make the world of difference at times. I kind of feel the same. God knows where I'd be now if it wasn't for my family and a couple of die-hard friends.

I hope you don't have to wait too long for your referral appointment to come through. Hopefully you'll get more answers and help with the way you're feeling.