• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

New here, always heard voices but thought everyone did until recently, they've been really nasty lately I dont know what to do

L

Lostandfound

Hi everyone, hope all is well.
So ive always had this constant rambling going on inside my head, all my voices are internal, some have their own names, faces, views ect. Some don't speak directly to me when I try talk to them. Some arent human either theres one guy who when asked his name replies " no name " hes like a big massive black void with eyes, when he's around the others get quiet, I hear the kids scream sometimes when he's there.

Its never really bothered me much until now, I found their comments and witty remarks humorous but lately I'm just getting abuse all the time. There's a new woman, an opera singer she just sings " you should just kill yourself already " over and over and over, when i ask her to stop she sings louder so now I just leave her be.

I've been getting sore heads a lot lately and zoning completely out cause of them, when they're really loud or loads of them talking at once it feels like my heads gonna implode.

I'm not even sure why I hear them. I was diagnosed with bpd ocd and ptsd at the start of the year but mentioned nothing to the phsyciatrist about the voices cause I didn't want her to think I was insane. Im not insane, i work a 7 day job ( which has been a struggle lately but I still manage to get to work every day ) I am very logical on the whole.

I dont wanna tell the doctor either I'm scared she'll just say I'm crazy and try lock me away. I'm not crazy.

I dont know whats wrong but I cant listen to this abuse much longer, plus all the nice ones are gone, I cant hear any of them anymore, it's just all the nasty ones. They won't stop laughing at me, they're laughing just now while I type this calling me a loonie. I dont know what to do. Sometimes it feels like I'm trapped in my mind while they control my body, I feel like im a prisoner. They feel like they're getting stronger and gaining more control. I'm worried about whats going to happen but I dont know what I should do or how I can stop them

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hello. Hearing voices does not make you insane or that you need to be locked up. I would be honest with your doctor as they will be able to help you. Some people find medication very helpful for hearing voices. Please do not be afraid. Many people hear voices.

N

natalie

Correct, bpd, do please contact either the crisis team, attached to mental health team department offices, or out of hours duty doctor on call, on standby, or to contact your GP. You need to be assessed, and helped, adn be on medication which is suitable.

Also, try listening or viewing music if you could, music in its many powerful forms, even on a short term tempoary basis, is a powerful effect, and posiitive effect on our mental health.

If you can, do workout in fitness, or play a sport if you are physically able and well.

L

Lostandfound

Hello. Hearing voices does not make you insane or that you need to be locked up. I would be honest with your doctor as they will be able to help you. Some people find medication very helpful for hearing voices. Please do not be afraid. Many people hear voices.
Thank you for the reassurance. I did contact them today but wasn't able to get the words out of my mouth still afraid of the reaction. I will phone them tomorrow and try again. I hope you are doing well

bpd2020

bpd2020

Thank you for the reassurance. I did contact them today but wasn't able to get the words out of my mouth still afraid of the reaction. I will phone them tomorrow and try again. I hope you are doing well
I wish you luck with talking tomorrow. Just know that they will not judge you. Many people hear voices. I am well, thank you. :)