New here 🙂

C

Chrisuk

Hi, I’m Chris I’m 36 years old and I’ve been suffering with anxiety for 6 weeks, I hope to find ways to deal with it without medication as I don’t want to rely on stuff long term.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Hello Chris, welcome to the forums.

Have you looked into mindfulness and meditation? They can help you slow things down and calm your mind.

Is your anxiety based on something specific or is it more general?

C

Chrisuk

Hi NWiddi, no I’ve not looked into meditation and not sure what mindfulness is sorry, I’ve been given beta blockers which I tried 1 and can’t stand how they make me feel 🙁 and then my dr gave me diazepam which after reading about I’m not taking as I’ve read horror stories about people being addicted to them, I’ve had my anxiety symptoms from the end of June and not sure what caused it but I did have a panic attack in May my first ever one where I called an ambulance as I thought it was a heart attack, since my bad anxiety symptoms I’ve not taken a panic attack so not 100% it’s anxiety I’m really worried. Thank you for the welcome to the group 🙂

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
You may be lucky and it was a one off, I believe these things can happen from time to time. A build-up of stress or a Serotonin imbalance.

For anxiety meditation I'd look up "jbittersweet anxiety" on YouTube, she has several guided meditations for anxiety and stress and a lovely voice to do it by.

Equally YouTube has much to offer in the way of mindfulness and might be worth a look as well.

C

Chrisuk

Thank you very much I will go and take a look on YouTube and hopefully that helps 🙂

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
curlydinopig Introduce Yourself 1
S Introduce Yourself 17
C Introduce Yourself 9
S Introduce Yourself 5
S Introduce Yourself 3