• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

New Girl

skyeprincess

skyeprincess

I'm new here. I was recently hospitalised and diagnosed with pspsychotic depression. The doctors have had me on prozac for about 6 months which pretty much did nothing for me then they just prescribed haldol and ativan but I have stopped all of my medication because I believe they are using the poison to control me but it won't work:)

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
:welcome: to the forum.
It sounds like it's been difficult for you I hope you find it helpful and supportive here.
Messy xx

R

Rose19602

:welcome: to you,
sorry to hear about the psychotic depression and the meds.

It's hard to come to terms with it all isn't it?

Hope you can find some support here.
x

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

hello and welcome to the forums x

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Welcome to the forum. :hi:
Sorry to hear you were hospitalised recently - you must have been really poorly.
I hope that you're doctor knows you're not on meds any more? Sorry to lecture you when you've just got here. Just want you to be safe. :)

B

bernie47

Please, please, please . . . be careful! Going cold turkey off meds can be like falling in an elevator. For me, I lost all hope, faith and feeling . . . for anyone or anything . . . when I quit my meds, and tried really hurting myself myself within a very short time. Lucky for me a Friend walked in.

That was 6-years ago, and I'm - now - thankful to be alive, while still working on my issues.

So . . . PLEASE be careful and consult with your psych. Don't self-unprescibe, no matter how ineffective, or overly "effective", your psych's prescribed meds may be.

Be careful. Communicate! If you don't like or trust your psychiatrist or therapist, keep hunting for ones you do like.

Last edited by a moderator:
skyeprincess

skyeprincess

I don't want to deal with any more doctors or pills. They can't help me, I just want to be left alone to die.

B

bernie47

By "die", do you mean waiting for a natural cause, or by your own hand?

B

bernie47

Are u just saying this as just a depressed thought, or r u . . . serious?

B

bernie47

I have a friend, female, who once told me, when she was battling addiction and experiencing such severe emotional withdrawal that she was having multiple panic attacks that were exactly like heart attacks . . .

"I was too afraid to live, and too afraid to die."

Today, she still struggles, but not as much, and is busy answering a 24 hour women's crisis line.

Two things: When hope is lost, all is lost. I, and she, found a way back. I have hope, bcs what I want -- my expectations -- have changed. I became and I'm becoming more realistic. So, No. 1, is that if you've lost all hope, recognize this and realize this may be why you want to die. And, hope, when lost, can be found, again.

No. 2: Are you able and willing to reach out for help? Not doctors, necessarily, but someone like my friend. There's really no reason for you to believe me, but believe me :), suicide is NOT the answer. It's just one option that will always be there . . . as an option. Please, keep it that way.

It's been a long time since I've tried to talk anyone down from the ledge. Is this your first serious flirt with the Big S, or have you visited here, before?

skyeprincess

skyeprincess

I've thought about it pretty much everyday for months and a few weeks ago a friend called the sheriff on me and I was committed on a 48hr hold. It did nothing for me