• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

New gal with C-PTSD

arihiandco

arihiandco

Hello!

Call me Arihia :)

I'm new on this forum and it already seems like a great place!
I'm 25, was recently diagnosed with Complex PTSD and I really want people to chat to.
I've always lived with a lot of anxiety but only recently (I'm currently in COVID-19 lockdown and am alone with my thoughts) have I actually delved into what causes my anxiety. Turns out I have C-PTSD and there is a lot of unpacking to do haha. Nevertheless, I'm grateful that I finally know what my MI is and I guess this is my first step to healing :)

Other things: I live in New Zealand, I'm half-Japanese, I love movies, musicals, musics, looking after the planet, throwback fashion and stargazing. Nice to meet everyone!

Mario82

Mario82

Taking a break
Hi Arihia. You can call me Mario (not my real name).I am named after the video game character.

It's great that you have been diagnosed and can now make real progress on your road to recovery. You're right, this is a fantastic site (I am relatively new here but been posting very intensively since Saturday as my post count shows, lol I will calm it down soon) full of great people who are happy to chat away and help each other.

What are your favourite movies? I love TV shows and movies myself, spend time on Netflix, Disney, Amazon Prime etc.

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Staff Member on Leave
:welcome: Arihia

Cool you're from New Zealand :) :waves from the UK:

That's good to hear you have a diagnosis now, I'm sorry you must have been through some suffering to reach this point. I hope you get any help you need now you've taken the first steps towards healing. I have c-PTSD too (imo), although doctors here (mine at least) are reluctant to use that as a diagnosis, and I've been given official labels of other conditions over the years.

I hope you find the forum useful, and you find a warm and supportive welcome here :peace:

R

Rainwriter

Hi Arihia,
It can be really difficult when you're left alone with your thoughts but it seems like you've managed to find a great outlook with looking towards your healing, that's great to hear!
What kind of music/musicals do you like?