New GAD diagnosis

Lazz

Lazz

Hi guys. I'm new to this forum so I'll introduce myself!
I'm Lazz. I'm a university student who's recently been diagnosed with GAD (about 3 weeks ago).
I just wanted to join this forum to hear about other peoples' experiences with anxiety. In particular, I find it quite isolating sometimes as I feel I can't talk to my friends about it, and I often feel like people judge/dislike me for no apparent reason. I know this is just a symptom of anxiety but does anyone else ever feel the same way? The physical symptoms are also really bugging me: constant headaches, fatigue, never being able to sleep a full night without waking up.How do you guys deal with this? What are your other experiences of anxiety? I could go on about many of the psychological challenges I face but that would be a very long list lol.

If you don't want to post on the forum, drop me a message! Happy to talk to anyone :)

L x

S

sal_stewart

I suffer from GAD and PTSD and have similar social experiences, people only seem to judge especially when display symptom of uneasiness or paranoia is the worse people stare and are generally rude. As far as your symptoms a lot of self maintenance, for me diet, excercise and medication although personally oppose to it can help. If they do want to give you medication please be open with your dr about how it make you feel 100% if you dont like any feeling or symptom it may cause mention it right away.

I'm also glad to be as supportive as possible and open to general conversation. Hope you find some rest sleeping is a major factor!

Regards,
Sal