• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

New diagnosis of BPD ...having a hard time and I'm new here so don't know how to start.

T

TicToc

Hi everyone. I'm new here and I don't know how to start or how this works ....I've recently been diagnosed with BPD , at the moment every day is a struggle so I'm taking oxazapam to try and reduce my symptoms an just get through the day .

I'm still trying to work out my triggers . I think my husband is one ....I'm convinced he's cheating on me constantly .....it's emotionally draining and I'm I'm turmoil everyday . I've heard voices at night when we've been in bed , he's says it's all in my head and is not real...it seems very real to me .

This morning he said he has lost his simcard and needs another one and that he's going to be uncontactable today ...I don't know what's real and what's not anymore . I cry all the time .

Last week I tried an attempt to jump off our balcony which resulted in me getting put in hospital and have an emergency assessment ....and I don't know what to do anymore ....if I'm sick or if my husband is actually with someone else .
Some advice if any can be given for my situation would be more than appreciated .

I'm sorry it's so long winded but I need some help from like minded people who also understand my condition.

Thank you for listening
TicToc x

J

Jolly

Welcome. I am sure you will get a lot of support from the forum and lovely people who can help

T

TicToc

Thank you . Do you know if there is a specific section for BPD related threads

J

Jolly

Usually people respond when there is a new thread. On the upper right hand side you can type in bpd. Mind a few people will still in bed. You can also join in a thread and ask.

L

lemontree

Hey Tictoc - welcome!

I am sorry you're having a rough time, that sounds difficult and I hope you are well after the hospital visit. I have BPD too so I know it's difficult, we all have our own struggles though of course but it's nice to know you're not alone.

There is in fact a BPD area in this forum, found here - I have found the people on this forum to be pretty nice :)

Hopefully I'll see you around :)

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Welcome to the forums. I hope you can find like-minded people.

T

TicToc

Hey Tictoc - welcome!

I am sorry you're having a rough time, that sounds difficult and I hope you are well after the hospital visit. I have BPD too so I know it's difficult, we all have our own struggles though of course but it's nice to know you're not alone.

There is in fact a BPD area in this forum, found here - I have found the people on this forum to be pretty nice :)

Hopefully I'll see you around :)
Thank you so much for your kind words I'm sure I'll see you in the BPD forum x

S

Syelix30

Hi everyone. I'm new here and I don't know how to start or how this works ....I've recently been diagnosed with BPD , at the moment every day is a struggle so I'm taking oxazapam to try and reduce my symptoms an just get through the day .

I'm still trying to work out my triggers . I think my husband is one ....I'm convinced he's cheating on me constantly .....it's emotionally draining and I'm I'm turmoil everyday . I've heard voices at night when we've been in bed , he's says it's all in my head and is not real...it seems very real to me .

This morning he said he has lost his simcard and needs another one and that he's going to be uncontactable today ...I don't know what's real and what's not anymore . I cry all the time .

Last week I tried an attempt to jump off our balcony which resulted in me getting put in hospital and have an emergency assessment ....and I don't know what to do anymore ....if I'm sick or if my husband is actually with someone else .
Some advice if any can be given for my situation would be more than appreciated .

I'm sorry it's so long winded but I need some help from like minded people who also understand my condition.

Thank you for listening
TicToc x
Hiya,

I’m new and also suffer from Bpd. Some days is like hell on earth but all you can do is try and stay positive and try not to be around situations that trigger symptoms..
I don’t know you or you’re relationship but it sounds like your husband could be a bit more sensitive to your feelings expecially knowing you suffer with this.
It sounds like you could be treated better maybe? And if the relationship is causing you this much stress maybe it could be a time to think about the pros and cons? I don’t want to sound to instrusive that’s just my personal opinion, expecially from being in similar situations in the past...
Wish you all the best x

T

TicToc

Hiya,

I’m new and also suffer from Bpd. Some days is like hell on earth but all you can do is try and stay positive and try not to be around situations that trigger symptoms..
I don’t know you or you’re relationship but it sounds like your husband could be a bit more sensitive to your feelings expecially knowing you suffer with this.
It sounds like you could be treated better maybe? And if the relationship is causing you this much stress maybe it could be a time to think about the pros and cons? I don’t want to sound to instrusive that’s just my personal opinion, expecially from being in similar situations in the past...
Wish you all the best x
Thank you 😊 I had a meltdown yesterday and he's basically said that he's not putting up with my behaviour anymore and has set boundaries .....I get very paranoid that he's cheating on me .....but I don't feel very supported ATM and I don't know or think that I could leave