• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

New Carer aboard!

A

Ali 2004

Hi All,

Just thought to say 'hello' as new to this site, hopefully will be able to get some much appreciated support and guidance from you all. It looks like there is lots of good information and advice given so I think I am in the right place as desperately need it.

I am a carer for a parent with 'Psychosis' or 'personality disorder' or 'Schizoaffective disorder', think she has been labeled with all 3 over the past 20 years.

Anyway you never know with 20 years experience I may actually start to understand these disorders.

Davey Blueeyes

Davey Blueeyes

:welcome:

That must be a tough call, well done you. Come and dive in, we are a good, supportive lot made all the better by you being here! Have a hug

:hug5:

Davey x

mami5

mami5

Hi Ali and welcome to the forums. You must have quite some knowledge if you've been a carer for that long. Hope you manage to put your feet up and relax here with us. :hug:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hello Ali welcome aboard, look around and get to know the place, keep posting and keep smiling, you must be doing a very good/hard job - 20 years experience wow!

KS
xx

A

Ali 2004

Hi all thank you for the warm welcome :)

Only effectively been labeled as her 'carer' for the past year, previous to this it was another relatives prime responsibility however due to it taking a mental toll on them....they had to step a side and leave, so as her daughter I have taken over this role however I'm still trying to be a daughter too, which is tough going. So even though i have lived with it/ her for 20 years on and off it's only been the past year I have had more involvement with her treatment hence why I am looking for any support/ advice and guidance :D