• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

New, but what to do next?

L

Lemonelephant

I am not sure if it might be a good idea to first read through some of the threads other people have posted or to post something myself? Or read through some tips and an introduction on how to use this website, if there's any? Does anyone know?

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi and :welcome:

Have a look at what Amathus has posted.

When it comes to what to do, it's up to you. If you want to read through some forums first then go for it and then post when you feel ready.

Is there any direction you want to be pointed towards?

Marliee x

L

Lemonelephant

Did you find it took you a little while before you got used to how to use everything? (I get quite easily frustrated if I can't do things quick enough.)

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Umm, I don't really remember that part. All I know is that I didn't really post much at first, left for three months and then came back and have been here constantly.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

x

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Did you find it took you a little while before you got used to how to use everything? (I get quite easily frustrated if I can't do things quick enough.)
Yes, it took me a little while and I found it all quite daunting to start with but, the more I used the forum, the easier it became.

As Marliee said, do what you feel comfortable with, in whatever order you'd prefer. There's no right or wrong concerning this. If you are looking for something in particular, or want to do something you're not sure about, please just ask and we will help you as best we can.

I'm sure that you'll soon get used to it here.

Take care.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Welcome to the forum. :hi:
Don't worry to much about getting it "right" - it's a pretty relaxed forum this one, and so dive in whichever way you want too. :)

bulbie

bulbie

Hello, and welcome!

I found that the best way for me was to gently melt in, so to speak. Have a look around, post if you want, don't feel bad if you don't. We're a lovely, relaxed bunch here. No one will tell you off for taking things at your own pace. That would be counter intuitive. Plus, we're just awesome.

L

Lemonelephant

Thanks Amathus for suggesting that. I'll try to use that as my next step on this forum.

Last edited:
L

Lemonelephant

Thanks MarlieeBee for pointing out that there's no specific rules set out as to how to use this website. I don't have any idea yet which direction I want to be pointed towards.

L

Lemonelephant

Thanks Purple Chaos for sharing your experience as to it being quite daunting for you as well at first. I hope I'll find it easy to become familiar with things after a while. And thanks for encouraging me to think that it's down to what I feel comfortable with and that there's not right or wrong. I'll ask whenever I get any more thoughts to create a question with.

L

Lemonelephant

Thanks SomersetScorpio for encouraging me not to put too much pressure on myself.

Last edited:
L

Lemonelephant

Thanks Bulbie, I'll try to gently melt in by having a look around and post whenever I get any strong urges, but will try not to force and beat myself up whenever I don't. I believe it's a really good thing that people do these things at their own pace. You're awesome.

bulbie

bulbie

I love your name, btw lemonelephant.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Introduce Yourself 12