• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

New but old

A

Audsods

Hi - I used to use the old forum all the time but since this one has been up and running I've not had the courage to type. I often feel that perhaps I'm too old at 50 to be using a forum - am I? You can tell me and then I will decide whether to use this new forum again or not. I always found it useful to have someone to "Talk" to before. I'm in a place just now where I feel that would be useful again.
I look forward to hearing from you

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hello and :welcome: I do not think you are too old to use a forum most definitely not.

Hope you find it useful and friendly
KS

S

*Sapphire*

Hi Audsods

:welcome: to the forum!
No you most certainly are not too old to use this forum! As you will see from looking through threads we have persons of varying ages on here!
I hope you find what you are looking for on here, there is a wealth of knowledge, support and experience to be found.

A

Audsods

Thanks that was really thoughtful

Thank you for posting so quickly - that is something that I used to find frustrating. If nobody was about then there would be no replies which fed into my feelings of isolation and loneliness.
Thank you - I don't feel alone today.:)

Q

quality factor

Hi, I'm 56 and am an active member of the forum, I enjoy it's company and there's usually somebody around for support or who needs support.
:welcome: QF.

Jo1760

Jo1760

Hi Audsods,

Welcome back - I hope you stay and keep posting, and your certianly not too old! There are such a good group of people here who vary in age but all talk together.

I hope you find it useful, there will always be someone who will reply whether it be, advice from a situation they have come across personally or just to find out how people are doing and give support.

Take care and look forward to seeing you around the forum.

Jo X

J

jamesdean

Hi audsods I'm 47 n I dont think I'm to old so keep posting this is such an inspirational forum and so supportive take care jd

A

Audsods

You've bucked me up

I'm just back in from an outing with my support worker which went well considering I've not ventured into a shop since before Christmas. We went into a small Next and Boots - thrilled to have been in the real world for a short while.
Thank you for replying it's really bucked me up and increased my confidence to use the forum. I'm going to try and come on each day even for short spells and see how it goes. Thanks:)

Lozzi_1004

Lozzi_1004

Hi audsods :) :welcome: back, rather than just :welcome:
No, you're definitely not too old to write on the forum - wherever you feel most comfortable!
Good to hear you had a good outing with your SW :clap:

Take care & hope to see you around :tea: