• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

new boy in class

W

wrongun73

hi everybody id just like to introduce myself.
im in the process of being diagnosed with....something, hopefully. if i describe my symptoms maybe some of you may/may not recognise them.
i've always gone through stages as long as i can remember really, for weeks i'll be absolutely bouncing off the walls, it starts off slowly over a couple of days where i feel brilliant, full of energy, with a sort of fluffy, contented feeling, like i'm at one with nature. but then it goes further where i cant do anything because my mind is going so fast even getting dressed becomes a nightmare, running about trying to do eight different things at once. i get up at 3am for work but i dont sleep and get up before my alarm goes off! i eat painkillers like there going out of fashion to try to bring me down a bit.
im very snappy and irritable as well, eg. if i put a t shirt on and my head doesnt go through the head part 1st time i'll rip it to shreds and throw it away, i also dont eat and my last stage like this ended a week or two ago i'd lost nearly a stone.
then theres the other side where i am now, not washing/shaving, tiredness beyond belief, feeling like crying and feeling very guilty that i have caused my other half to leave with my mood swings. i've not opened the curtains for about 4 days and feel like my mates in the pub are all laughing at me. i also always have a feeling that someone is watching me at all times, i dont hear voices but am very paranoid/ suspicious of people and if i go downstairs in the night fo ra drink i'll put every light on and sing, whistle or shout out to take my mind off thinking someone is watching.

anyway sorry for the long post, if anyone thinks they have a feeling whats going on any advice would be appreciated, thanks.:confused:

lilly666

lilly666

HI

To me it sounds like bipolar 1 , only from what i have read!

I myself am very similar but are more on the depressive scale !

I too am waiting a diagnosis!

Are you finding it difficult to get psychiatrist etc to help u?

There must be some good guys out there that actually care and want to help?:cry:

W

wrongun73

hi lilly, i dont know yet, my dr. told me to go and write a 4 week diary and take it back so im back on the 15.2.
i wont take any messing about off him and my dads coming as well, (hes bipolar)so with 2 of us there he wont be able to fob me off. from what ive read on here people are finding it really hard for doctors to take them seriously and tbh when i went i felt like he was looking at me thinking 'if there was something wrong with you you wouldnt come yourself someone would drag you in!'
anyway thanks for replying;)

lilly666

lilly666

Yea thats the feeling I get!

i always take my dad hoping,thinking they will take me more seriously!

Its never worked for me!

I dont think they quite grasp that we can function properly, but in my experience , something takes over and its like fighting with my mind to try keep myself from totally losing it, and Im sat here trying to get help b4 its too late!

They must have seen many like me so y dont they get it? ITS SO FRUSTRATING!

Im seeing a cpn today, I was real bad yesterday went to docs WITH MY DAD lol!
He sais I was anxious as i was sat there crying my eyes out, wanting to drug me up with diazepam, DNT THINK SO!

Let me know how you get on? Take care!:p