• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

New Antipsychotics No Better Than Older Drugs

A

Apotheosis

New Antipsychotics No Better Than Older Drugs

A new study has discovered two newer atypical antipsychotic medications were no more effective than an older conventional antipsychotic in treating child and adolescent schizophrenia and may lead to more metabolic side effects.

The study was funded by the National Institutes of Health’s National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) and is published online ahead of print in the American Journal of Psychiatry.

http://psychcentral.com/news/2008/09/15/new-antipsychotics-no-better-than-older-drugs/2931.html

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Remember when depixol was the latest drug and we were all going to lead normal lifes in the community on it, now rethink are trying to get me on ability the new wonder drug we're all going to lead normal lifes in the community on

lucid scream

lucid scream

i was on haloperidol for awhile, didnt notice a big (any) difference.
but then it was only about a year after my original diagnosis (schizophrenia, my current diagnosis is bipolar 1 with psychosis) and that time is very hazy, and i concurrently was on 900mg's seroquel depakote and like 7 othe psychoactive meds. dont know why im posting this aside from im a postwhore.
i do remember drooling a lot more.

T

Twylight

The drug companies still get paid whether the drugs are good or bad

And the're all shite