• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

New and would like as many replies to help me as possible

L

Loulosan

Hello everyone i'm lou,

I myself suffer from mental health problems - although I come here today to ask for your experiences.

I am currently doing a degree in art, and my latest project is "dreams and memories" So i would like to ask you for your stories. If you could answer my questions i would be greatful.

1.Can you tell me about a dream(s) you've had? no matter how short,long,strange,weird or crazy =]

2. Whats your earliest memory? as much detail as your willing to give =]

3. Is there any memorable obejects, in these dreams or memories? e.g mine would be my teddy from when i was small.

thanx

Lou x

A

Apotheosis

Dreamt I was a graphics card that would not install properly.

D

dreambuggieII

Apoth

You're kidding!

Just give me a few days or hours ...

hmmm

good night

:)

I may have an opinion

N

Napolean Today

I was a CPU which was overclocked and didn't have any thermal compound between itself and the heatsink. Everytime I run any software I shutdown but when I'm shutdown then I'm still doing things faster than the average celeron out there. :unsure:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wkdOK_uHMy0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wkdOK_uHMy0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

A

Apotheosis

I was a CPU which was overclocked and didn't have any thermal compound between itself and the heatsink. Everytime I run any software I shutdown but when I'm shutdown then I'm still doing things faster than the average celeron out there. :unsure:
Do you think that this dream was relating to interpersonal relationships; or something to do with diet?

N

Napolean Today

Too many chips maybe?

I'll never be alright. Got to accept my difference. How you running in the new climate of tolerance, fairness and change?

Looks like Dubai could trip the peak oil trigger a few months early? :scared:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gp-8e2H_oYw&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gp-8e2H_oYw&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

A

Apotheosis

I'll never be alright. Got to accept my difference. How you running in the new climate of tolerance, fairness and change?
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iyfu_mU-dmo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iyfu_mU-dmo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]​

N

Napolean Today

Those who've been to the edge see a different view to those who've never been pushed that far. We need to organise because those with power are not gonnna be our friends in the time to come. We need a symbol. A friendly wave? :rolleyes:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_X0x9fXKfow&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_X0x9fXKfow&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W2_mrLJooBY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W2_mrLJooBY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

CherylCyanide

CherylCyanide

1.Can you tell me about a dream(s) you've had? no matter how short,long,strange,weird or crazy =]

Basically, it started off that me and my brother were driving somewhere, and he parked and went into the shop. When he went in, the handbrake on the car stopped working, so I jumped across and stuck my foot on the actual brake. My brother came out of the shop and the actual brake stopped working, so he told me to get out of the car. At this stage, we randomly had a wheelchair. My brother told me we'd have to walk home, and I said I wasn't leaving the wheelchair, so I wheeled it home with me.

It started raining, like REALLY heavily, so we decided to run. (Don't ask me where the wheelchair went, I'm really not sure xD). We got to my ex-boyfriends house (I lived there for 3 months, but it's in England and I'm in Ireland now) and I tried to run in but my brother kept telling me that wasn't our house. So we ran to our house, which I didn't recognise because it was new. By now the rain had stopped. My parents were sat in the backgarden and I asked them if I could go inside but they said they didn't yet have the key to our new house.

Somehow I got into the house, and all our stuff was there. My cousin, who I never see was mysteriously there in a room in front of mine, we could see each other through a glass wall. I didn't really want her there, so my mum asked her to move out and she did, and I was told I could have the room as a spare room for myself.

Then when I was getting used to my new surroundings, my other cousins started coming in and kissing me, tears staining their cheeks. One of my aunty's came in, and then my nanny, each kissing me. My mum then came in but she didn't kiss me. I kept asking what was wrong? And had I done something?

My aunt then proceeded to tell me a story about a guy in her work who had depression. She told me how everyone was so upset because he had depression and in the end he killed himself. (Now, I do have depression and I do self-harm, and recently I've been wondering if my mum in fact, knows, as she's been hinting towards it).

I suddenly felt relieved that I had the support of my whole family to get better, and I felt better.

A bit long but yeah :p

I remember being in church when I was a kid and getting yelled at by one of the leaders. I was about 4 at the time but I still get nightmares about it!

3. Is there any memorable obejects, in these dreams or memories? e.g mine would be my teddy from when i was small.

I don't think so.

A

Akili

Hello everyone i'm lou,

I myself suffer from mental health problems - although I come here today to ask for your experiences.

I am currently doing a degree in art, and my latest project is "dreams and memories" So i would like to ask you for your stories. If you could answer my questions i would be greatful.

thanx

Lou x

Dear Lou,

I remember crying in my pram, remembering pre-birth & death. Guess that's more informtion than you need. I thought I remembered my birth as my vision was blured under the light above me, but it turns out more likely to have been at 18months after an incident invoving a pot of tea. Anhow I seem to be beseiged with memories and being officially nuts might not count much for your research. Think you need a wider forum / sample frame, unless you're puzzled by your own memories and want to find similar nutters to whitter to? Who knows. Akili:tea: