• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

new and so many questions....

L

loonatoon

hey my name's Bex

This is pretty hard for me to do. I've recently gone to the drs about depression as I have noticed myself go into a big black hole recently and negative thoughts wont stop whizzing around in my head.

I've been doing alot of reading over the subject as I didnt really know what I have got, but I know its not normal as Ive started avoiding friends, thinking of suicide, doing impulsive things like running up 15k on credit cards, quitting my job in a recession, then buying a mini on finance.....

saying that outloud has just made me realise i need an answer

somedays im so happy and i can see things in a positive light, im inspired by my friends who exercise regularly and take me swimming with them. I even make plans to go to the cinema or go for lunch....

other nights like this im sat here thinking nobody understands, my friends just think 'everyone has their down days' and ill snap out of it. i feel so lost and i dont know where to go.

am i being over dramatic? is this depression or could it be bipolar?
if anyone wants to chat, that would be great

Bex X

T

TOONAFISH

Hi Bex:D

Sorry your feeling rubbish. I know the feeling.

Its good that you have went to the doctor. Did they give you any advice or did you get prescribed anything?

Is this the first time you have felt like this??

As far as bipolar goes, I have only been manic once so Im not too sure. I do know that when i have been depressed I have spent lots of money to cheer myself up and got into a bit of debt.

Speak soon x

L

loonatoon

hey thank you for the message

It was the first time I have ever been to the Drs about my mental state and i just burst into tears I didnt know what to say

I told her some days are ok and others i just dont want to see anyone or do anything

I have been prescribed 10mg citalopram 3 weeks ago I don't think its done anything for me, had bad side effects when I took them in the morning so I take them at night now.

I need to go back about a repeat prescription but I'm going to ask about concelling and go into more detail about the moods.

The Dr said dont make any hasty decisions, as I did when i quit my job and got a mini. The odd thing is i spend most of my money when im in a good mood not in a bad mood to cheer me up. When im in a low mood i just want to stay in bed and avoid everyone.

How have you been feeling? What did you go through? I don't think my behaviour is as drastic as some I have read over, I just feel abnormal and that either others hide and mask things better than I do, or Im actually not right in the head?x