• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

New and need help

R

Redman

Hi everyone I'm coming here because I need help. I'm fighting a battle everyday in my mind from the minute I wake up until I go to bed at night and feel so alone on the face of things I'm a happy go lucky lad with a job I enjoy a great girlfriend and good mates around me. However the reality is I'm dying inside and have no one too talk too not because there aren't people there but because I can't pluck up the courage to open up about things and why I've got to where I am. I was sexually abused as a kid regularly I've never been able to tell anyone about it this is the first time I've even been able to mention it all I've done is bottle it all up and throw away any idea of it. this was all 20 odd years ago I've always struggled with mental health issues anxiety being the main one I constantly care about what others think and from the minute I wake up ill over analyse everything what about XYZ? how will that affect me? What if this happens or that and I'm sick of it I'm sick of feeling like my skin is crawling with it I can't remember the last time I was actually happy . I can't speak to anyone around me for various reasons like work etc and just don't know where to go with it and hoped talking here would give me that chance to start to make myself feel better or some insight into self help.

W

Wanttofeelpeace5

Welcome and well done for opening up . I hope you get the advice on here you're looking for that will lead you on a road to a long and happy life

P

Pollypop

Hi everyone I'm coming here because I need help. I'm fighting a battle everyday in my mind from the minute I wake up until I go to bed at night and feel so alone on the face of things I'm a happy go lucky lad with a job I enjoy a great girlfriend and good mates around me. However the reality is I'm dying inside and have no one too talk too not because there aren't people there but because I can't pluck up the courage to open up about things and why I've got to where I am. I was sexually abused as a kid regularly I've never been able to tell anyone about it this is the first time I've even been able to mention it all I've done is bottle it all up and throw away any idea of it. this was all 20 odd years ago I've always struggled with mental health issues anxiety being the main one I constantly care about what others think and from the minute I wake up ill over analyse everything what about XYZ? how will that affect me? What if this happens or that and I'm sick of it I'm sick of feeling like my skin is crawling with it I can't remember the last time I was actually happy . I can't speak to anyone around me for various reasons like work etc and just don't know where to go with it and hoped talking here would give me that chance to start to make myself feel better or some insight into self help.
I echo what wanttofeelpeace has said and when I was writing this,
somebody had already replied.
I’m sure more people will identify with you and you will get support here.

R

Redman

Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome hugely appreciated