• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

New and need a bit of advice

Fartoolong

Fartoolong

Hi there,
I'm not sure if i'm in the right place, but hello anyway?

I'm Louise, and i'm 26 I live in London and am married and have a daughter.

Ok, enough with the details.

I have been bulimic for over ten years and in August last year, I came clean to my family and friends. This last year has been the hardest of my life, but i'm now only two weeks off being binge and purge free for a year! Yay me!

OK, now with the reason that i'm here. I'm really struggling at the moment, and have been on and off for a while now. I thought that it was all bulimic related, but i'm not so sure now!

I have noticed that my mood changes very quickly, and I have days/weeks where I feel completley out of control of myself and my actions. I'm leaning towards thinking that I may be bipola, and maybe verging on the edge of being an alcoholic! Wow, that was scary saying that outloud!!!

So, basically i'm after some advice and guidance.

I'm seeing my psyciatrist on Wednesday for my eating disorder, as a regular checkup, so i'm going to discuss this with her, but was just after some tips in the meantime.

Hope that all is well with everyone.
Am off to have a bit of a nose around the site now!
Lxxx

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Hi Louise and welcome to the forum. Firstly well done for not purging, you seem to be doing really well. I'm afraid none of us can offer a diagnosis, just make sure you mention everything to your psych. I think sometimes it helps to write things down cos if you're anything like me as soon as I get in I forget everything I was meaning to say!!

jax

jax

Well done with kicking the ED to the curb. :clap: I have a number of friends with ED. It is so hard to beat.

Good luck with the Pdoc appointment. If you feel you maybe Bipolar - it is possible she has seen some symptoms in you already.m Let her know what you think and why.
Jacqui

Q

QUEENYBOO

Hi

Im new too and I have just been diagnosed bipolar today, I am 24.
Just wanted to let u know I also have had eating probs, anerexia/bullimea but never diagnosed with them as they were like phases that I got myself out of.
They also thought I was agrophobic, then depressed, its taken years to realise it was all actully down to bipolar.
Do u have any family history of it? My dad is bipolar, found out a few month ago x

Fartoolong

Fartoolong

Hi all,
Thank you for your lovely welcomes and advice.

Unlucky - I have everything that I need to talk to cons about written down, so will go in armed - as I usually get there, get upset about the first thing I start talking about and forget to mention the rest. Thanks for the advice.

Jax - I've grown really close with my cons and am always 100% honest with her, so hopefully she'll have some much needed advice or new meds to help me out with!

Queenyboo - How have you found the news that you are bipolar? Is it hard to accept? Or a relief that at least you have an answer now?

I don't have any bipolar in my family, and that's why i'm struggling to believe that I MAY have it. My Dad has been through some really rough patches in his life - and had 1 failed suicide attempt, so it's possible that he could be slightly bipolar, if that's possible?
I hope that you are on the road to recovery.

Looking forward to talking with all lots more.
Lxxx

Q

QUEENYBOO

Hi it is a total relief that I have a name and explination to what Ive got.
My dad has only been diagnosed the past few years, not sure when but hes 50 now so he must have been diagnosed about 48.
I was told by the psyc yesterday that there are millions of people that have bipolar undiagnosed! They dont even know thay have it!
I would mention it to whoever the next time ur there and see what she/he says.
Or just go to ur doctor and ask them to refer u to the right people that deal with bipolar maybe?
Im not an expert as u can see but theres nothing like knowing how it feels first hand, not just from books!
xxx